Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 4.1 and nokia ck-7w carkit

Options
  • 04-10-2010 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Lad's my iphone cant find the bluetooth on my nokia ck-7w carkit after
    i updated it to 4.1 anyone have any suggestions of what i can do ?
    It was working fine before update.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

In the same situation myself, I don't know if it ever worked properly with any of the updates... it usually connects for about 5secs and then disconnects. I'm thinking of doing a Factory Restore on the phone (3G model) at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

All the trucks in work have the ck7 and I have no problem connecting my iPhone 4
    I never do though cos the car kit is crap. It's the same with my nokia work phone
    Ya have to shout for the other person to hear ya and at that the sound is muffled

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Try deleting the pairing from the car kit and re-adding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 b69

Loveless wrote: »
    In the same situation myself, I don't know if it ever worked properly with any of the updates... it usually connects for about 5secs and then disconnects. I'm thinking of doing a Factory Restore on the phone (3G model) at this stage..

It worked ok with ios4 apart from having to pair it every time i went in the car.
    when i deleted the pairing after i updated to 4.1 it lost the connection and cant find it but i can find it on my old iphone.
    guil wrote: »
    All the trucks in work have the ck7 and I have no problem connecting my iPhone 4
    I never do though cos the car kit is crap. It's the same with my nokia work phone
    Ya have to shout for the other person to hear ya and at that the sound is muffled

did you update to 4.1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

No it was with a 3GS on 3.1.3 and 4 and an iPhone 4 on 4 and 4.0.1
    But like I said it's the same on a nokia

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

im running an iPhone 4 on 4.1 with the Nokia car kit.

99% of times it works perfect but sometimes it will pair up and then when i receive a call i have to answer it then select the audio source as the car kit for the sound to route through the car kit.

dont know wether its a :
    • handset problem
    • nokia problem (as the ck-7 kits are around a while now)
    • BMW problem (the E46 keeps some power going through the car for a few mins after you lock up)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Had the same issue myself with 3GS & CK7W. Wired the unit to a permanent 12V feed and now when I want to pair, I just press the little button ( you know the one with the nokia logo which is used for answering / last number redial and volume ) and voila. Never a pairing issue since :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

I think you can only pair one phone at a time so maybe another phone is paired with it. I remember a few years ago having to press the button for 7 seconds for some reason. either to pair it or delete a pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Those Nokia kits can only support 1 phone at a time, they get unreliable if there are a few phones in the memory, any issues I've had in the past with CK-7W's have been resolved by a full carkit reset, which wipes the internal memory, re-pair only one phone and it should work fine, the procedure for a full reset is in the manual or google it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Victor_M wrote: »
    Those Nokia kits can only support 1 phone at a time, they get unreliable if there are a few phones in the memory, any issues I've had in the past with CK-7W's have been resolved by a full carkit reset, which wipes the internal memory, re-pair only one phone and it should work fine, the procedure for a full reset is in the manual or google it.

Resetting paired Bluetooth devices

The Advanced Car Kit saves the last 7 Bluetooth devices that it has been
    paired with.

The list of paired Bluetooth devices can be erased. To erase the list,

the Advanced Car Kit must be switched off (indicator light goes off):
    Press and hold the button until a signal tone indicates that the list has
    been erased.

• Advertisement
Advertisement