Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marriage Contract

Options
  • 04-10-2010 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭

I know this is old, but I don't think this was given the attention this deserves!
    A guy basically drew up a contract dictating everything about his new wife's life, from shaving her gee to sex acts.
    Check it out!
    If it has been done before, sorry.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/sicko-marriage-contract-one-ages

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Looks like a joke to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Hmm, looks like I have me a role-model. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

If she has any sense she will draw up an even evil-er one.

Yes evil-er is a word.
    I have a contract that says so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Good luck finding a woan who will sign that who isn't looking for a passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I don't see a problem here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Confab wrote: »
    I don't see a problem here.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! :eek::mad:

He doesn't have in the contract that she works and gives her money to him! That's what's wrong! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

if this is serious i have no pity on the man's wife... any woman that would actually sign that gets what she deserves...

as for the man...
    if my SO asked me to sign something remotely like that i would use a faux signature and chop off his manhood while he slept

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

if this is serious i have no pitty on the man's wife... any woman that would actually sign that gets what she deserves...

as for the man...
    if my SO asked me to sign something remotely like that i would use a faux signature and chop off his manhood

I'd sign it with his chopped off....well you know the rest! :pac:

bronte wrote: »
    I'd sign it with his chopped off....well you know the rest! :pac:
    ha ha ha, yes!
    i meant to say in his sleep :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

if this is serious i have no pitty on the man's wife... any woman that would actually sign that gets what she deserves...

as for the man...
    if my SO asked me to sign something remotely like that i would use a faux signature and chop off his manhood

She didn't sign it, she gave it to the police....

• Advertisement

Adyx wrote: »
    She didn't sign it, she gave it to the police....
    so that was serious? well good for her! i meant i have no pity on her if she were to just sign her free will away...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Whats wrong with the world today. He needed to put all that into a contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Its evidence in a kidnap case from Iowa, not a pre-nup.

Although I'm amused that so many think it should be.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Where do I sign?

Oh dear. Due to the 2 gfs thing I have here – we can not get married so we drew up a contract that sets out a lot of the same things, such as inheritance for our kids, visitation rights and so on. One of the girls studies law and is in a masters now so she did most of the work with our solicitor.

After reading this thread, I think I might have to go back and read the contract closer to make sure she did not slip anything dodgy in there I had not noticed before signing it. Eeek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

wouldn't it be easier to just move to Pakistan and get a wife
    it's law over there...

another reason to overthrow the gov here

/puts woman in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Entertaining, I suppose, but I'm sure the guy who drew it up would be the first to say "Thum thair Ay-rabs treet thur wimmin' like dawgs, which is why we's gotta kill um an steal thur oil" *spits tobacco*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

That marriage contract is absolute tripe! The wife isn't a dog like! She is a human being with feelings! The guy that wrote that contract might as well be living in the Middle East if that's his way to treat a woman! I mean to say, those in Asia wouldn't be as bad as that like! Arranged marriages, one child only policy and so on fair enough but seriously a marriage contract would look nothing like that in the likes of Asia!

That contract is an utter farce! I hope it was made up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

That marriage contract is absolute tripe! The wife isn't a dog like! She is a human being with feelings! The guy that wrote that contract might as well be living in the Middle East if that's his way to treat a woman! I mean to say, those in Asia wouldn't be as bad as that like! Arranged marriages, one child only policy and so on fair enough but seriously a marriage contract would look nothing like that in the likes of Asia!

That contract is an utter farce! I hope it was made up!

It's being used as evidence in a kidnap case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

dictating everything about his new wife's life, from shaving her gee to sex acts.

Behind every happy marriage there's a written a-geement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Pookah wrote: »

Really, is it true then. God. i pity that woman. The husband should get some kind of sentence for that sort of cruelty. Shame on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

what if she agreed to it?

2 consenting adults or legal entities entering into an agreement.

The case has to do with him being charged for "kidnapping" his wife. they were already married.

The guy is crazy if he thinks she'd sign that, btw.

At the same time, plenty of marriages and partnerships have arrangements, maybe they just aren't writen down or as blatant at these.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Looks like a joke to me
    I agree. The exact same thing happened on men behaving badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Pookah wrote: »

If this is the case I read about, and I think it is, then this wasn't a marraige contract. He kidnapped her in her late teens and kept her in a small coffinesque box in the basement, he had her for like 15 years (I'm fuzzy on the details coz I read the book ages ago). Anyway after a few years of being tortured, raped etc, he told her that he had friends everywhere and if she tried to escape she and all her family would be killed, he also got her to sign that contract. Poor girl, she now has Stockholm syndrome and is still in contact with him and his wife, the wife was in on it too coz it meant she didn't have to provide him with the more sadistic stuff he was into. It's a very disturbing book and case. When they brought the box he kept her in into the courthouse the jury were asked to get into to see for themselves but only half of them did, the other half were to disgusted/scared to get into it.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find the name of the case.

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Victim-Kidnapping-Captivity-Coercion/dp/0440204429

Not sure if it's ok to put that link up but the kidnapped girl was named: Colleen Stan, google her for the full story but be aware that it will depress the hell outta you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Forget the contract. He wears a pink shirt. He's clearly got mental problems.

http://www.ketv.com/news/8369181/detail.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

curlzy wrote: »
    If this is the case I read about, and I think it is, then this wasn't a marraige contract. He kidnapped her in her late teens and kept her in a small coffinesque box in the basement, he had her for like 15 years (I'm fuzzy on the details coz I read the book ages ago). Anyway after a few years of being tortured, raped etc, he told her that he had friends everywhere and if she tried to escape she and all her family would be killed, he also got her to sign that contract. Poor girl, she now has Stockholm syndrome and is still in contact with him and his wife, the wife was in on it too coz it meant she didn't have to provide him with the more sadistic stuff he was into. It's a very disturbing book and case. When they brought the box he kept her in into the courthouse the jury were asked to get into to see for themselves but only half of them did, the other half were to disgusted/scared to get into it.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find the name of the case.

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Victim-Kidnapping-Captivity-Coercion/dp/0440204429

Not sure if it's ok to put that link up but the kidnapped girl was named: Colleen Stan, google her for the full story but be aware that it will depress the hell outta you.

this isn't the Dugard case. The link to the details (or some of the details) is in the OP's link.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

i

as for the man... if my SO asked me to sign something remotely like that i would use a faux signature and chop off his manhood while he slept

Aint no sunshine when my manhood gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

Bet he votes for FF

Or, Is this the laymans version of the Lisbon Treaty??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

this isn't the Dugard case. The link to the details (or some of the details) is in the OP's link.

I didn't say anything about the Dugard case. The Amazon link mentions it but only in comparison to this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i gave a contract to my wife once that was very similar to this...

the day nurse actually types all my boards posts now

Advertisement