Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Oct Cloud Timelapse

Options
  • 03-10-2010 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

I recently started using the interval function on my camera and have some timelapses uploaded to youtube.
    Here's one from today. Please ignore the grime on the window :o
    I usually have camera outside because I struggle to get good view from house.
    The cirrus was traveling northwards with the little bit of stratus moving southwards.

Later the cumulus is well worth watching as it tumbles over. I never noticed this in real time.
    The cumulus and cirrus moving in different directions as well. Also with the trees it can be seen when it is calm or breezy

Also the one from 29th Sept turned out quite well. Ran it for much of the afternoon until the lens fogged up in the evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Excellent Mothman, amazing footage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Stunning!

I really hope those two beautiful timelapses will be the first of many you will post up MM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Wow, those are really great. I hope you're able to do some today or tomorrow because I'm expecting some rapidly changing skies and even faster motions. Could be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

What camera were you using? And how often did you take the shots? Oh and what fps is the final video?

Do a bit of this myself, interested to see what settings others use!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

alexlyons wrote: »
    What camera were you using? And how often did you take the shots? Oh and what fps is the final video?

Do a bit of this myself, interested to see what settings others use!!
    Ricoh GX 100
    Snap every 5 seconds

I think fps for both the above is 25 but usually with faster skies 15.

MTC The output can be made to go faster by doing more frames per second but I don't like it fast though it does condense it into a shorter time.

I recently acquired an AC adapter allowing me to leave camera on for longer then the 3 hours I was getting with battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Sorry, I meant that the clouds might be seen to go faster, I think your technique is fine. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I hope you're able to do some today or tomorrow because I'm expecting some rapidly changing skies and even faster motions.
    Here's one from yesterday. Nothing really of note. The wind was a bit strong and was blowing tripod over.
    There was a couple hours this morning which would have been fantastic but camera was being used for something else.

All the previous timelapses I did can be found here or from my youtube account.
    I'll create new thread here for any that I consider good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

I need a new camera!! :D

Advertisement