Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10:10 climate change "propaganda" video blows up in campaigners faces

Options
  • 03-10-2010 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Director of posh London comedies Richard Curtis has made a video designed to panic the public into sitting in the dark lest the world melt/burn. The tone of the film is quite light and the blood splatter closer to Monty Python than Scanners.

WARNING exploding heads

Its been pulled as apparently its freaking people out, sadly it never got shown on TV, the shock value of it turning up during Corrie instead of an ad break would have been worth seeing! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

That would not make me want to conserve energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

was this supposed to instill some motivation in me besides the impulse to stop watching that video?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He should stick to the repetitive rom-coms

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Looks to me like it was always their plan to release and then pull it, knowing that once it out it would get circulated and talked about

Jeez. I really wish I had one of those buttons, would make queueing that bit more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I do like to sit in the dark whilst listening to music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I saw some comments on an American forum along the lines of "see, this is what eco-Nazis want, deny global warming and they'll kill you". They really don't get British humo(u)r, do they? No pressure ... bang. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

I think the vid is a rare insight into the minds of the eco-freaks and what they would do to "un-believers" if they could get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Shite actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

The most head wrecking thing about that video is all that stupid fkin text plastered all over it.

FFS :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I want the last 3 minutes and 59 seconds of my life back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

Governments in most countries are actually quite happy the glaciers in arctic are melting because it means they can start drilling for oil and gas lying beneath the ocean bed.

The carbon tax initiative is just another way for the government to justify stealing your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    The most head wrecking thing about that video is all that stupid fkin text plastered all over it.

FFS :mad:

****ING HATE YouTube videos with text boxes all over them. We can ****ING SEE you *******S we don't need you blocking our view with your ****ing explanations.

Otherwise, yeah, the ads are beyong crap and rather disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

"Tax dollars in the UK" ...ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Is that supposed to want me to help save the planet? Well guess what treehuggers all that blood and guts has just awakened my bloodlust, I'm off to the Artic to club some baby seals.

Advertisement