Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making the BIG move

Options
  • 03-10-2010 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi all

Not too sure which section I should put this in, so I will risk it in here and if the mods want to move it then thats fine.

I just want to know if anyone on boards knows of the normal procedure on an American citizan moving from the USA to Ireland.

I have a friend who wants to move here but the only thing is stopping them is quite basically they don't know how to go about it. If anyone could enlighten me I would be ever so grateful. Thank you in advance because I dont be on here often.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

They can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Go to Irish immigration website. Low traffic numbers these days. Prob doesn't show up on Google search yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

laura. wrote: »
    Hi all

Not too sure which section I should put this in, so I will risk it in here and if the mods want to move it then thats fine.

I just want to know if anyone on boards knows of the normal procedure on an American citizan moving from the USA to Ireland.

I have a friend who wants to move here but the only thing is stopping them is quite basically they don't know how to go about it. If anyone could enlighten me I would be ever so grateful. Thank you in advance because I dont be on here often.
    1: Smack yourself across the face
    2: Repeat until you knock some sense into yourself,

This country is fooked, I'd give it a wide berth for a long while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I don't know Laura, but this after hours place can lead to poor advice. There is surely a better place for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

was thinking the same finbarrk, but as the mods is so quick to close things these days i thought here was as good a place as any......

I'm not moving, a friend is. And obviously there isn't much advantage to being American either if they want to move....but thanks for answering my question anyway...much apprecietated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

was thinking the same finbarrk, but as the mods is so quick to close things these days i thought here was as good a place as any......

If the mods are so quick to close things then you must have known that your thread wouldn't last long so why post it here?

Why not look for an appropriate forum where there's no chance it would be closed?

People moan about the mods but in fact a lot of it is down to folk like yourself being bloody lazy and knowingly posting stuff where they shouldn't.

/rant

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If the mods are so quick to close things then you must have known that your thread wouldn't last long so why post it here?

Why not look for an appropriate forum where there's no chance it would be closed?

People moan about the mods but in fact a lot of it is down to folk like yourself being bloody lazy and knowingly posting stuff where they shouldn't.

/rant
    Xavi6 post count: 28,073 Vs Laura.: 36

Well aren't you the big internet hardman

/rant

People, especially those new to boards or who haven't done much mooching on the site, will generally throw a thread into after hours, and bookmark it. Then, when a moderator moves it to it's appropriate forum, the OP can still find it and now knows the best place for it.

This is how I discovered lots of Boards forums that I wouldn't have known existed otherwise. :)

Xavi6 post count: 28,073 Vs Laura.: 36

Well aren't you the big internet hardman

And my e-cock is 80.9 times bigger than yours Mr 347 posts :cool:

Certain things, like stupidity, don't get measured by post count count though so it's irrelevant ;)
    People, especially those new to boards or who haven't done much mooching on the site, will generally throw a thread into after hours, and bookmark it. Then, when a moderator moves it to it's appropriate forum, the OP can still find it and now knows the best place for it.

So basically laziness yeah? ;)

And my e-cock is 80.9 times bigger than yours Mr 347 posts :cool:

Certain things, like stupidity, don't get measured by post count count though so it's irrelevant ;)
    I'm honoured you went to the trouble of breaking out the calculator to try and put a noob like me in my place. I bet your a real hit with the ladies:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm honoured you went to the trouble of breaking out the calculator to try and put a noob like me in my place. I bet you're a real hit with the ladies:rolleyes:

Yep, grammar Nazis are especially in this season ;) :cool:

Hi all

A quick google brings up this site http://www.globalvisas.com/countries/ireland.html

Yep, grammar Nazis are especially in this season ;) :cool:
    Damn, you win this round Xavi6, but I'll be back:mad:

Damn, you win this round Xavi6, but I'll be back:mad:

Lol respect :D

/tips hat

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

thanks xavi6 for your total input into the situation there and for giving me an absolute resolution to the problem. As i said im sorry for not putting this into the appropiate forum, and as your not a mod get the hell over yourself, every reply you have submitted has absolutly ZERO to do with the question I asked. If you have nothing substansial to add to the topic I would kindly ask that you just go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭immature ejaculation

i get her into the country if ya like i just need a cargo plane and cargo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

A quick google shows this

http://www.inis.gov.ie/

thanks xavi6 for your total input into the situation there and for giving me an absolute resolution to the problem. As i said im sorry for not putting this into the appropiate forum, and as your not a mod get the hell over yourself, every reply you have submitted has absolutly ZERO to do with the question I asked. If you have nothing substansial to add to the topic I would kindly ask that you just go away.

I wouldn't have said a word if it weren't for your tidy little cheap shot.
    but as the mods is so quick to close things these days

But hey, you posted in AH so it's par for the course not to have your question answered directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

If she's half decent I'll marry her and then she can live here.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

From what I remember when I was looking last you either need to have an EU spouse or you need a company in Ireland to get you a work visa.

http://www.deti.ie/labour/workpermits/ <-- is a link to information from the Department that handles work permits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Sure Jesus just do what every other nation is doing come here use and abuse the system then leave!!!!!:mad::mad:

Or you could claim "Political Asylum"? from what i see,those who claim it get more than the Irish themselves, for Political Asylum just say that the U.S are placing thoughts in your head, it should work:D

Your friend wants to come to a country and has no knowledge of the country or its economic downfall, Sure jesus i say they will get hired- just tell them if the employee asks them a question to say "YES" seems also to work here as well :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and thats 8 angry faces for you HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Spunk84 wrote: »
    Sure Jesus just do what every other nation is doing come here use and abuse the system then leave!!!!!:mad::mad:

Or you could claim "Political Asylum"? from what i see,those who claim it get more than the Irish themselves, for Political Asylum just say that the U.S are placing thoughts in your head, it should work:D

Your friend wants to come to a country and has no knowledge of the country or its economic downfall, Sure jesus i say they will get hired- just tell them if the employee asks them a question to say "YES" seems also to work here as well :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and thats 8 angry faces for you HA!
    I don't know why, but I read your whole post in Mrs. Doyles voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Do they still do flights into Ireland?;)

Tell your friend to become a Canadian instead. There's absolutely no good reason to come here at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You want to move to Ireland? Are you fucking joking? Have you ever been here before? You might as well move to Andorra. That said, Andorra would be wealthier and far more fun. Ireland is boring, ridiculously expensive and utterly bankrupt.

You would need to be practically insane to even contemplate moving here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Confab wrote: »
    You want to move to Ireland? Are you fucking joking? Have you ever been here before? You might as well move to Andorra. That said, Andorra would be wealthier and far more fun. Ireland is boring, ridiculously expensive and utterly bankrupt.

No,her friend wants to move here, for some unknown reason.

Tell her to move to Antartica OP, she might have better luck there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Take out the racial bit and change South Africa to Ireland and it sounds about right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Confab wrote: »

Ah but shur we're great craic altogether.

/evidences Xavi6's thread input

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Wrong Forum OP.

Maybe PM Xavi6 for advice on where the correct froum is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement