Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland is no more

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Are you a terrorist?

You should cheer up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

where did you copy and paste this from

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Threads elsewhere on this topic OP...

Some of the comments are good for a laugh though, reminds me of a room full of jabbering idiots talking over one another (much like boards except without the rabid antisemitism :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

You used Press TV-On = "Iran's television network, broadcasting in English round-the-clock" hahaha oh wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Shams wrote: »
    You used Press TV-On = "Iran's television network, broadcasting in English round-the-clock" hahaha oh wow!
    Nearly as bad as FOX news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

This is awful. Ireland is where I keep all my stuff!

Holy crap. A Jew talking about zombies in Ireland.
    Christianity strikes again.

http://maxkeiser.com/2010/09/01/irish-hotelier-unable-to-compete-with-zombie-plague/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Terry wrote: »
    Holy crap. A Jew talking about zombies in Ireland.
    Christianity strikes again.

http://maxkeiser.com/2010/09/01/irish-hotelier-unable-to-compete-with-zombie-plague/
    Zombie hotels arise in Ireland as recession empties rooms

terry you ok lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ah yes Stacy Herbert, the other half of Max Keiser's Karmabanque, the hedge fund they set up to destabilize the share price of companies which were susceptible to boycott by encouraging pressure groups to use short selling strategies. So basically economic terrorism, nice one! Ryanair was on their list too I believe, you know that Irish company which employs a large number of people in this country?

digme wrote: »
    Hey, I'm just going by the tags in your OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Terry wrote: »
    Hey, I'm just going by the tags in your OP.

Tags: brian lenihan · chimp sounds · citigroup · ireland97 Comments

good stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

digme wrote: »
    On Friday it emerged that a small group of hedge fund debt investors were threatening to take Ireland to court if it pushed ahead with moves to impose so-called “haircuts” – or writedowns – on the value of their holdings in Anglo debt.
    The group, which is thought to number no more than six funds, say they could force a default of Anglo, which would have catastrophic consequences for Ireland’s already hugely stretched public finances.

Leaving the horrendous copypasta aside, and I'm no fan of Lendahand, but this Gordon Gekko sh1te vindicates his statement about unforgiving markets, to some degree anyway.

If the worst came to the worst, and they did play hardball, what if he said, "sorry lads, you're not getting a bean".

There are still tens of billions of deposits in there, give 'em back and screw the bondholders who won't negotiate, subordinated or otherwise. Pension funds (who they're putting forward as being major investors in Anglo bonds) have already taken a hit, we're paying the bones of 7% (as opposed to Greece who get the vincent de paul rate of 5% IIRC), and we need to shave 19billion off our deficit year on year anyway.

What can the IMF, or whatever the Euro term is, do that is worse than that?

Genuine question.

It's the likes of Peter Matthews we should be listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

So my free condo will now be located in.....?

Advertisement