Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED HELP WITH ACCOUNTING.... Any offers?

Options
  • 02-10-2010 11:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I 28 and went back to third level college to do a degree in sports and business in Cork.

I cant seem to get my head around ACCOUNTING..... and am miles behind everyone on this subject.

At the moment doing Trial Balances and Balances Sheets..... might as well be under the sheets in my bed asleep...ha ha

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

Unless i get a handle on this module ill fail and wont get into next year?

PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT WOULD BE OPEN TO YOU ADVICE AND HELP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Leaving Cert Buiness, Accounting and Bookkeeping Less Stress More success books might be worth a read.

You should be able to pick up a copy of an old edition, the basics stay the same.. The other thing to mention is it's early you dont need to panic totally just yet :P When your tutorials get set up you will get alot more clarity there.

Good luck with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭rocky2010

ha ha my 1st assessment is in 3 weeks. Books or information is one thing understanding it is another thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Maybe ask your lecturer if they could recommend someone for grinds? Postgrads give them pretty often.

Afaik trial balances and balance sheets are covered in the junior cert, so jc revision books might be easier to get your head around than leaving cert ones - there's definitely loads of stuff in the leaving cert ones that you won't need at all. Best of luck!

Advertisement