Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nfl- britains game

Options
  • 02-10-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭

anyone watch the programme on sky sport. whats it about.

is sky losing the rights too show the games after this season. its just thats what it sounds like when i pressed the info button on the remote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

CENA!

Anyways, it's just a show commemorating 30 years of regular NFL coverage on British tv - it has nothing to do with any rights being lost and indeed the NFL tv rights are in a more stable position now than they have been for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Watched this show last night. It was mostly about the history of NFL coverage on UK tv over the past 30 years. Basically when a new channel C4 started it on a Sunday evening at 6pm there were only 3 other channels at the time (ITV / BBC1+2 ). The programme was up against religious programmes on two of the other channels and something else daft on the 3rd channel. Naturally it caught on !I watched it at the time and it was brilliant. It showed highlights ( 40 minutes ) of the game of the week and then 20 minutes brief highlights of the other games played the previous week ( i.e 7 days previously, but this was back in the pre internet days ) . A programme like it today would be nice.Lots of interviews with those involved including most interestingly Nicky Horne who presented it for the first few years. If you were around at the time and could remember the presenters like Nicky Horne, the Beastie Boys, Mike Smith, Nick Lundhurst etc you would find it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

There use to be a great review show on Sky...with the mic'd up players. Some great lines.

Call the PO-lice if you scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

I used to really enjoy the Channel 4 highlight show and it would be great if something similar was brought back.

Advertisement