Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corks Jazz Fest!

Options
  • 02-10-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

So where are you guys going to gigs?

Im thinking of going to Maceo Parker during the weekend. Should be a great night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

So where are you guys going to gigs?

Im thinking of going to Maceo Parker during the weekend. Should be a great night.

Hey, I'm going to be in Cork that weekend and don't know much about jazz, any ideas who would be good to go and see while I'm down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Ya wouldn't mind a few recommendations for the Saturday, more into Blues than Jazz myself though, is there any blues-ey stuff around this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I have tickets for Herbie....But I'd rather go to the Dublin show now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I dunno what to go to. I'd like to see some real proper old black guy kinda jazz, or some nice funky jazz. I don't know a lot about Jazz I'm afraid but I want to get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jazzme

Was there yesterday. Id say there are lots of top class jazz bands performing in the streets. Watched the Jazz Impro in the bodega, the bass player blew my mind. All in all I had a ball. It such a shame I went there late only to find out John Moriarty is giving free guitar set-up lessons around 11am and I missed it:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement