Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google street maps has ruined my life....

Options
  • 02-10-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Well, not quite, but it has caused a blistering row among our neighbors and close friends.

So, yesterday we decide to look at our street on the maps, prior to me stopping off in Honalulu and then New York city... we sent a link to our neighbour of our house and theirs that are beside each other and with the link sent a message.. is there tax on that van? I think there will me a knock on your door soon.. along with some "lols" "smilies" and a few "hehehehe's".

Anyhow the missus called out for a cup of tea and was met at the door with dragon eyes "WHY DID YOU PUT OUR HOUSE UP ON THE INTERNET!!!??? NOW EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD CAN SEE WHERE WE LIVE!!:mad:"

My missus tried to explain the concept of Google Street Maps and that it wasnt us that put it up, but google itself... sadly it wasnt sinking in.. i believe as i type this i can still hear them screaming at each other.. so ive come to AH for the relative solice and peace

In the meantime there is a picture of me on google maps which looks like im pissing into a skip, when in reality im trying to quench a fire some turd started...

Google Maps i hate you
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement