Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First week in Computer Science

Options
  • 02-10-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

so far so good, The first week in cs tcd has been good.I wont call it eventfull but its certainly hasnt been dull.Some of us are having to adjust to the teaching style of the lecturers, some are making friends while some are just observing and trying to adjust to the environment.Many students found it difficult Understanding Chapter 1 in mano maurice's book.
    Class members are free to contribute and old heads can also contribute .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Good to hear the class is getting on well. Make sure you've got a good understanding of that Mano stuff before the next class - it's impossible to understand the rest without having a solid foundation on the basics. (Also, he only made you read 1 chapter?!? We had "4 chapters assumed as read" back in my day)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its all good, cept my timekeeping :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 samireland

yeah i think ill read over the first 2 chapters again before monday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As an FYI to all the other CS people, we're being used as guinea pigs for a TCD moodle that will likely spread to your courses in the not so distant future. Right now the forum facilities are limited but as betas go its looking good:)

Advertisement