Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSL Final

Options
  • 02-10-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Yes, ofc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I wonder will this quell the "zerg is underpowered" arguments...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

where can we watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Game was live this morning royal :)

Was an interesting final alright. A lot of articles coming out really favoring fruit dealer as some sort of hero saving zerg. He was the better player and won, simple as, showed some seriously good play and at times un natural micro and split second decision making.

Reading alot of aftermath material in relation to the Zerg thing is starting to grind my gears. It is also being very dis-respectful to the runner up. He was and is getting serious flack just for being a Terran player : /

Players win tournaments, not races. It is unfortunate to see some journos whose work I considered top drawer to be engaging in some of the dribble im reading over today :(

Overall was a savage tournament to watch.

If sky brought out a Starcraft channel I'd be all over that **** in HD :D

Include some of the sky sports news girls I'd never leave the sitting room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Delighted fruitdealer won. Some of his games during the last few rounds were amazing :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

where can we watch it?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lolforeignerzz The rest are linked from there as well.

Odd, I can't see why the link is not working as intended :(

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

Zerg imba.... :p

Seriously though FruitDealer was clearly the superior player, HopeTorture never applied enough early pressure. He just let Zerg roam the map and take all the bases he wanted.

Once Zerg gets to 3 base, let alone 4, they are pretty much unstoppable. You can't sit back and let Zerg tech up like that if you want a chance to win.

Looking forward to the next GSL, they really had some amazing matches to watch. Will be interesting to see who qualifies next time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The_Keeper wrote: »
    Zerg imba.... :p

Seriously though FruitDealer was clearly the superior player, HopeTorture never applied enough early pressure. He just let Zerg roam the map and take all the bases he wanted.

Once Zerg gets to 3 base, let alone 4, they are pretty much unstoppable. You can't sit back and let Zerg tech up like that if you want a chance to win.

Looking forward to the next GSL, they really had some amazing matches to watch. Will be interesting to see who qualifies next time.
    I think one of the key things here were:
    • The new patch - it really turned it around for FruitDealer (inc. according to himself)
    • HopeTorture was not allowed to play his standard way and was hence unsettled
    • Once unsettled he simply did not know what to do and mentally blocked himself (which is natural)
    Obviously FruitDealer was the better player and his dealing with reapers, drops etc. was world class and beyond but it also shows how dangerous it is to get used to doing one type of build only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Nody wrote: »
    Obviously FruitDealer was the better player and his dealing with reapers, drops etc. was world class and beyond but it also shows how dangerous it is to get used to doing one type of build only.

Fruit dealer knew what was coming, he was always thinking ahead, you constantly had a counter attack, or knew how to deal with situations.

Anyone else watch it from GomTV? the interviews with the parents was kinda strange, bad translations but interesting why Cool just his name to the FruitDealer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just watching this now - gotta say it's some impressive Zerg play, no question about that. Certainly in the first match, good scouting is what ensured FruitDealer staying in control the whole time.

On the second match now - a 2nd hatchery before a spawning pool?? Is that common?

• Advertisement

Hatch before pool is pretty common on scrap/metalopolis/virtually any iCCup map. Notice the trend here. Obviously if your micro sucks, this is not the build for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, I imagine that it's a real Gold + BO, must dig out some replays available that do that strat. I'm not entirely sure how good / bad / indifferent my micro is to try something like that but I'm tempted.

Also if you macro sucks, you're not going to take advantage of the expo.... no offense, but what I obsed of your games in the koth, this is you. Macro harder off one base first.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Also if you macro sucks, you're not going to take advantage of the expo.... no offense, but what I obsed of your games in the koth, this is you. Macro harder off one base first.
    None taken :) I wouldn't presume to think i could just copy the GSL winner and suddenly become awesome, just looking to see options in mixing up my game a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Why did I read this thread :/ I just watched the second game and i know who wins... spoiler tags please!!

Grimebox wrote: »
    Why did I read this thread :/ I just watched the second game and i know who wins... spoiler tags please!!

even after the second match you will know who wins.. its best of 7 and there is 5 games played ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Actually if you are watching it on GOM they are nice enough not to spoil it and if its best of 3 they will always have links to 3 matches, even if its won in 2.

And for some reason they are grossly mislabeled on that site. Its not Cool or IntoTheRainbow playing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Intotherainbow is Hopetorture and Cool AKA fruitseller is a bunch of Korean characters

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Intotherainbow is Hopetorture and Cool AKA fruitseller is a bunch of Korean characters

FruitDealer :)

Advertisement