Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channel coming soon - SKY Atlantic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Manc-Red wrote: »
    For those who don't know about this....

I'm sure there will be an interest

http://corporate.sky.com/page.aspx?pointerid=e9bfe9c2636c4ec28f66aea2494770f1

I presume there'll be a SD version as well? The blurb isn't clear but I assume it's the same way as they refer to Sky Sports HD only these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I presume there'll be a SD version as well? The blurb isn't clear but I assume it's the same way as they refer to Sky Sports HD only these days?

Yes I'd say it falls into the category of Sky throwing HD into our faces constantly - again:D

Their will be an SD version as far as I can make out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

yes, an SD version too
    Sky Atlantic forms part of Sky's Variety Pack of basic channels, which is available to TV customers from £19 a month.*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Looks good,finally a channel with some decent quality programming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Looks good,finally a channel with some decent quality programming

And lots of repeats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

snaps wrote: »
    And lots of repeats!
    Another channel added too for them to use as an excuse to hike the price up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

They don't need a new channel to do that. They increase the price and most will pay it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

Dont forget they'll throttle the SD channel at 544x576 as well.

I'll wait and buy boxed set DVD if anything is any good :)

watty wrote: »
    I'll wait and buy boxed set DVD if anything is any good :)

Watty, I'm guessing your a FTA man - yes?

• Advertisement

It's like giving up smoking..

I keep cancelling Sky. I'm sure I don't have a sub right now.

I can see that certain sports fans have a problem. Sky are ripping them off as they are prepared to pay premium prices and yet survey show it's less than 2% viewing time. (Important viewing time for some).

It's more that I don't have interest in watching Sport (even free) that being a "FTA man"

After a while you feel the Discovery, Animal Planet, Hallmark, Paramount, Sky1 has either repeats or stuff we don't watch.

I think we watch only 1 program a week on TV now, so We are hardly even a FTA Household. It's all PayTV by DVD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Thought it said SKY Atlantis :o

watty wrote: »
    It's like giving up smoking..

I keep cancelling Sky. I'm sure I don't have a sub right now.

I can see that certain sports fans have a problem. Sky are ripping them off as they are prepared to pay premium prices and yet survey show it's less than 2% viewing time. (Important viewing time for some).

It's more that I don't have interest in watching Sport (even free) that being a "FTA man"

After a while you feel the Discovery, Animal Planet, Hallmark, Paramount, Sky1 has either repeats or stuff we don't watch.

I think we watch only 1 program a week on TV now, so We are hardly even a FTA Household. It's all PayTV by DVD :)

Each to their own I suppose :) I do agree that the vast amount of channels on SKY UK is not watched by the majority of the subscribers.

So many ads - way to much.

Very annoying how its not possible to subscribe to say Sky Sports on its own without having to shell out 20 odd quid on one of the six packs at least with it to view.

Advertisement