Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did anyone else see this in the sky last night

Options
  • 02-10-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

not sure if this is the right section for this thread but here goes:

Was out earlier on tonight walking my dog at around 11.15 pm just on the outskirts of Athy in Kildare, was looking up at the stars as it was a really clear sky . Turned around to continue with our walk and saw a bright orange ball in the sky, it seemed to travel from the west and was heading east straight overhead . At first I though it was an aircraft but there was no noise at all and this was travelling too fast , if it was any sort of aircraft you would hear an engine sound , there was no sound at all . I could make out flames or what seemed like flames surrounding this ball as it travlled across the sky at high speed . I dont think it was one of those chinese lanterns things as it was at high speed and glowed really orange .
    Even my dog sat down and looked at this as it streaked across the sky .
    The street I was on was dark with little street lighting as it is close enough to countryside
    It was deff round in shape , glowed bright orange and travelled west to east at high speed, I watched it for around 30 sec- 1 min before it disappeared in the distance .
    Not really sure what it was , :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

not sure if this is the right section for this thread but here goes:

Was out earlier on tonight walking my dog at around 11.15 pm just on the outskirts of Athy in Kildare, was looking up at the stars as it was a really clear sky . Turned around to continue with our walk and saw a bright orange ball in the sky, it seemed to travel from the west and was heading east straight overhead . At first I though it was an aircraft but there was no noise at all and this was travelling too fast , if it was any sort of aircraft you would hear an engine sound , there was no sound at all . I could make out flames or what seemed like flames surrounding this ball as it travlled across the sky at high speed . I dont think it was one of those chinese lanterns things as it was at high speed and glowed really orange .
    Even my dog sat down and looked at this as it streaked across the sky .
    The street I was on was dark with little street lighting as it is close enough to countryside
    It was deff round in shape , glowed bright orange and travelled west to east at high speed, I watched it for around 30 sec- 1 min before it disappeared in the distance .
    Not really sure what it was , :confused:

Sounds like the aliens space crafts that were de-activating nuclear bombs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭google faps

alieums wondering if they were anywhere near Clane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Either a satellite or a small meteor/piece of debris burning up in t'atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

chinese lanterns

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

October 1st is the national day of the peoples republic of china, so that be those lads celebrating, I assume.

• Advertisement

I prefer the aliens.....
    "He calls back about five minutes later and this time he's screaming into the phone. He's very frightened, I can tell by his voice," Salas said. "And he said, 'Sir, I've got all the guards out here, they've got their weapons drawn, we're all looking at an orange or reddish pulsating oval-shaped object. It's about 30 feet in diameter and just hovering above the front gate. "

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/airmen-govt-clean-ufos/story?id=11738715

So much better than Chinese lanterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Min wrote: »
    Sounds like the aliens space crafts that were de-activating nuclear bombs.

the last thing we need is boardsies thinking we have weapons of mass destruction on our home turf.

Who knows what is in Kildare, how many nuclear bombs would €50 billion buy?
    Maybe the whole bank thing is just a cover :p

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Absolutely no need to worry - its in Offaly !

Advertisement