Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We all owe $500,000 each!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Those figures are wrong.

Very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

*checks pockets*

I've got about €1.20 if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Ah,add it to my list of debts,and i'll just keep on pretending i owe nothing.

Is that enough for the country to pay it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Those figures are wrong.

Very wrong.

these figures are bad.

very bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Iv got a bad feeling that next time i go for a haircut i will need to pay for it with potatoes or something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

He's about right. The dollar collapsed an hour ago. It's something like €1 = $12.34 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

these figures are bad.

very bad.
    It probably refers to total debt, including everyone's mortgages and personal loans and all of the money that every business owes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Doesn't really matter to the wise and lucky people who can emigrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

these figures are bad.

very bad.

These figures are bad, but luckily wrong.

Very luckily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

From news this morning some newspapers here said:

€12,000 per person or €8,000 per person in Ireland.

Great fun to look forward to...

It really pisses me off that I never borrowed money except for my mortgage and now because the government made a pigs mickey of the country's accounts that I have to pay back 8k or 12K.

I choose to pay it in 1c coins, very old stinky ones from under the fridge, down the back of the sofa, caught in the washing machine, at the corner of pockets with lint attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,487 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

we don't owe Dollars to anyone so they can go **** off

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

These threads cheer me up no end. All of them. And there are so so many. Really puts a smile on my face. Morning noon and night. All these lovely threads. Fantastic.
    Here's some Fat Man Scoop with his take on the economic crisis.

We'll be back after some short messages and Rachel Allen will show us all how to make an omelette with some gravel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

foxinsox wrote: »
    It really pisses me off that I never borrowed money except for my mortgage

Hold on a minute, unless you took out that mortgage before the mid 90's then surely you are getting exactly what you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

TBH...i dont mind the notion of oweing X amount for the sake of my country, I have enough pride in myself and my country to pay my way and contribute to BUILDING a better place for my children to live...we can all make mistakes and fuc k things up every now and then...but a test of a leaders metal is that they hold their hands up and admit to the mistake and failing and work out the solution to our problem.

take for instance the bank bailouts...to coin a phrase of Margaret Thatcher- TINA & WAWA- we are where we are...the banks are cocked...they need cash...we put it in and its done..we pay for it and never again....TINA---there is no alternative...anyone wanna chance a default?...I think not.

But what we need to sort is the day to day spending of the P.S...if we dont even sort that we're totally shagged!
    If we reduce Capital spend by 1.5billion =€1,500,000,000
    If we reduce Child Benifit by €15 per child per month = €180,000,000
    reduce the dole by €25 per person per week =€585,000,000
    Bring the minimum wage workers into the tax net =€1,560,000000
    property tax @ flat level of €150 per dwelling per year+€500,000,000
    water rates of a flat €150 per dwelling per year =€500,000,000

So there ya go...€4 billion yoyos on the back of an envelope!!
    easy peasy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

sagat2 wrote: »
    Hold on a minute, unless you took out that mortgage before the mid 90's then surely you are getting exactly what you deserve.

I took my mortgage out in 1999, I did not take out 100% mortgage .

I bought a house that was well within my means.

I was offered 100% mortgage..... I didn't want it.

I saved a lot of my money to make the deposit on the house so I wouldn't have to borrow loads.

I could have bought a house for much more money than I did but it would mean borrowing much more over longer term and struggling to make payments each month.

I moved away from where I grew up as I thought prices were beyond my means where I grew up.

So I feel I am allowed be pissed off about having to pay back money through taxes (or whatever way the 8k/12k is to be paid) when I personally have not over borrowed or lived beyond my means.

EDIT: I have no problem doing my bit for the country and have been paying my way for years. I just hate the way "the people" are paying the highest cost for the financial mess the country is in. Whereas the fat cats are all still comfortable in their shiny cars and shiny houses ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Voltex wrote: »
    :eek::eek:right...according to CNBC.com we are the Worlds largest debtor Nationl[/QUOTE]

don't worry about it.... Bono will get it cleared... I hear he's good at that sort of thing;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Voltex wrote: »
    :eek::eek:right...according to CNBC.com we are the Worlds largest debtor Nation with a Debt:GDP of over 1,300%.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/30308959?slide=20

But according to this website we only owe €88 billion .

http://www.financedublin.com/debtclock.php

What the frick is going on here??

Good luck to who ever I owe it to getting it off me....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Must be using the wrong billions.

Advertisement