Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loan from credit union!

Options
  • 01-10-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hey i was just wondering if anyone could give me some info!

i've just started college in england and i might be getting a bursary but if this falls thru i could be stuck for money in a couple of months. i have a credit union account for as long as i can remember but never really saved in it while i was working and there is only about 10 euro in it!!!

if i lodged some money (like 3 or 4 hundred quid) in the account would i be able to get a loan on that or do they prefer to see you saving over a number of weeks as ive heard this before from someone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Do your parents have an account there too? Would they be willing to guarantee the loan for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭shellykbookey

MrMcLegend wrote: »
    hey i was just wondering if anyone could give me some info!

i've just started college in england and i might be getting a bursary but if this falls thru i could be stuck for money in a couple of months. i have a credit union account for as long as i can remember but never really saved in it while i was working and there is only about 10 euro in it!!!

if i lodged some money (like 3 or 4 hundred quid) in the account would i be able to get a loan on that or do they prefer to see you saving over a number of weeks as ive heard this before from someone??

Hi there, I was kind of in the same position. It was a small ammount going into the account every so often but I couldn't keep that up in college. I went in about the loan and I was told that you need to have money going in every week to pay it off as your getting it (more or less). I wanted €2000 and I was told that they'd need €15 a week going in €12 against the loan and €3 for savings. It didnt work out for me but they were very helpfull tryung to figure out some way that we could work it. I'd say ask anyway and see, they're all more or less independant so yours mightn't want as much money going in ever week. The banks aren't lending to anyone leaving the country.
    Good luck :)

Advertisement