Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loan from credit union!

Options
  • 01-10-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hey i was just wondering if anyone could give me some info!

i've just started college in england and i might be getting a bursary but if this falls thru i could be stuck for money in a couple of months. i have a credit union account for as long as i can remember but never really saved in it while i was working and there is only about 10 euro in it!!!

if i lodged some money (like 3 or 4 hundred quid) in the account would i be able to get a loan on that or do they prefer to see you saving over a number of weeks as ive heard this before from someone??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

You'd need to make regular lodgement to your savings account I'd think. In the current environment even credit unions are cautious regarding lending. Lodge the cash you have but don't lodge it all at once. Would look better if you did it on a weekly or even monthly basis.

Advertisement