Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlebridge Campsite Leitrim

Options
  • 01-10-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

hi all

Thinking of heading to Battlebridge in Leitrim - has anyone any recent reviews or where is everyone else going whos taking their campers out - we are not set so looking for ideas.

We are based in the Midlands so are open to suggestions - although don't fancy a 3 hour drive as we have to be back early on Sunday morning:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nice enough site. Pub on site, village not too far, nice pitches, lovely views of and access to the Shannon ...would recommend.

Can't say about facilities ...never used them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Seenashow Google streetview is up, might as well use it :D

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.996273,-8.078835&spn=0,0.005659&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.996256,-8.078673&panoid=jj2xCQ6IHkYFi71-L5sb7Q&cbp=12,241.19,,0,7.99

You can do a driveby of the site here, just follow the road and take the next left, takes you straight to the entrance (and past the pub :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

thanks peasant - forgot about google streetmaps - lovin it though.

Have googled everyones address I know:o

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

I would go back in a heartbeat, my wife will not. I drink she does not. She hates mud I dont mind some mud. I say try it yourself. Facilities compared to some of the newer campsites are lacking... With m4 + m50 Wicklow might be as close time wise..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

We call this Battleaxe campsite... wonder why :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

just back from Battlebridge and really enjoyed it, but yes it is muddy, camper was manky when we got back, kettle kept tripping the electricity and kept having to flip back up the switch.

The toilets were basic and fecking baltic - so didn't want to chance the shower - felt like a mank getting home and flew into the shower.

Thought for the price of €20 and plug in for €5 was a bit steep and shower at €1.50

We went over to the bar around half eleven and there was a sing song happening - a guy singing from one of the caravans - he was excellent and we didn't leave till after 2!!

Thinking of Tree Grove in Kilkenny next week - views??

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allthatGlitters

Macspower wrote: »
    We call this Battleaxe campsite... wonder why :rolleyes:

LOL I know why! :pac: Very apt :p

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

we went in sept for 2 nights and thought it was grand , nice size pitch, showers and toilets are a little basic but clean , lovely walk into city (15mins) . no playground for kids if u have any , we would go back again.

DVD2009 wrote: »

we went in sept for 2 nights and thought it was grand , nice size pitch, showers and toilets are a little basic but clean , lovely walk into city (15mins) . no playground for kids if u have any , we would go back again.

Nope no bambinos as of yet - hence making the most of the time we have together in our little "brinks" van - if and when there are 3+ we'll have to upgrade. thanks for the KK heads up

Advertisement