Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gold wanted

Options
  • 01-10-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

is it only me who thinks these places that bye gold in dundalk are causeing a rise in robberys (sorry about the spelling).. i went in the other day to see how much my ring was wort and i seen a young fella in selling girls rings no questions asked no even asked for id:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

You just abused every aspect of the English language. It burns.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

No real difference between'em and the pawn brokers that would of been used last time around...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Sykk wrote: »
    You just abused every aspect of the English language.
    It's "You have just abused every aspect of the English language."

...live by the sword, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

burner2009 wrote: »
    i went in the other day to see how much my ring was wort

Paging Dr. Bantam...... Dr. Bantam to reception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

We all know Gold doesn't lose its value druing recession . I'd suggest everybody stocks up on gold and canned food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭burner2009

why do you people always give out about spelling whats the big deal with correct spelling

pawn shops ask for id and address proof and will not accept itims which look doggey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Perhaps Facebook is rubbing off on me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

why do you people always give out about spelling whats the big deal with correct spelling

pawn shops ask for id and address proof and will not accept itims which look doggey

Some people just get a rise out of judging other people. You did apologise in the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

I see what you have just done there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭burner2009

thanks pookah

is it only me who thinks these places that bye gold in dundalk are causeing a rise in robberys

You are not alone in being concerned, Burner.
    "The fear I would have is that you have a lot of people isolated in rural areas who may have gold jewellry and might be targeted by criminals who are then able to get cash in these stores. I would like to see a situation where anyone who gives gold to stores like these has to leave a record of ID there so that there is some trail,” Cllr [Brendan] Henaghan told The Mayo News

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

Me itims are killin' me.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

to answer the question....yes.

woof woof.......something dodgy here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Not really, sure it's only scangers that wear gold anyway :D:eek::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

Yes Burner. Other researchers, doing independant research dramatically came to the same conclusion as you (although some years earlier). It is convenient for burglars to post off gold items somewhere and get 'clean' cash back.

J K wrote: »
    Yes Burner. Other researchers, doing independant research dramatically came to the same conclusion as you (although some years earlier). It is convenient for burglars to post off gold items somewhere and get 'clean' cash back.

At least there's an address for those guys and you can find out where they cash the cheques.

Burner's point is that the cash for gold shops should be subject to the same kind of security checks that pawnbrokers have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Don't you want to be understood?

:D

Anyway there's no profit in selling your gold really, most places give you awful rates...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I call on Pighead to explain this anathema of Dundalkian spelling, grammar and behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

i seen a young fella in selling girls rings no questions asked no even asked for id:eek:

Interesting....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Oranage2 wrote: »
    We all know Gold doesn't lose its value druing recession . I'd suggest everybody stocks up on gold and canned food.
    I agree that gold doesn't lose its value during a recession ... so the time to stock up is before the recession. You're a few years too late: why do you think we have all these "sell us yer gold" dealers now? The gold price is at an all-time high of over $1,300 an ounce.

If you're not already in the market, you'd be a muppet if you tried to get in now. It's a bubble, and I think we've seen what happens to bubbles. The minute there's a suspicion that the bubble's about to burst, everyone wants out ... which bursts the bubble. If that sounds like circular logic, you're right. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

i went in the other day to see how much my ring was wort

should've just emailed a pic of your ring Here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Because unless you're not a native english speaker or dlesyxci (see what I did there) you have absolutely no excuse to have a spelling ability of a child. I'd be ashamed if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Three words.. cats for gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

SadieSue wrote: »
    Three words.. cats for gold.

I really wish that was real. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The thing that I can't understand is it as if you knew about your poor spelling and chose to ignore it( You said sorry and didn't just correct it:confused:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

i went in the other day to see how much my ring was wort ...
    The rates are probably higher on Georges St.
    It's easier to read! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Good news, everyone! You can buy gold from a vending machine. In four countries so far: if one of these comes to Ireland, where would they put it? Brown Thomas, the Powerscourt centre, or Dundrum Town Centre, next to the G-Star Raw store? :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement