Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Aerial footage of Meath

Options
  • 01-10-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello all!

I am trying to get so nice views of Meath for a short film I am making. I need a minimum quality SD (720x576). Best would be a Full HD 1080i or Full HD 1080p...

If I can't find footage that already exists, I am willing to go out and film it myself, but this needs to be done before Monday evening... and I don't know anyone who would fly me over Meath! :S

Can anyone help?
    :P

Cheers, boarders!

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Try the photography forum, The new DSLRs all have full HD video capabilities now and maybe someone has been up in a hot air balloon in Trim, co. Meath in the last few months. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭highdef

I was on a hot air balloon trip over Meath a few months ago and have video shot at 1440x1080 HDV....probably too late for you now though.

Footage is not as good as I would have liked as I was shooting into the sun a lot but there are a few good shots

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Froggy7

Thanks for your tips and suggestions: we finally found some lovely footage on the Bru Na Boinne DVD and the OPW kindly gave us authorization to use it.

You can see the finished result here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVsRZC-JGrA

It was a pity that we were pressed for time, because my cameraman would have loved to go up and take some aerial film (that was what he was trained to do in the army in France).

Maybe in the future I'll get back to you and we'll look at the possibility of hiring a plane/balloon! In the meantime... thanks again!

D. :)

Advertisement