Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do shares have to be bought online?

Options
  • 01-10-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all,

I keep myself liquid, so I'm in a bind.

Can I only buy shares online, or is their a company I can walk into in Dublin and buy shares cash there and then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

If your asking a question like that you shouldnt be buying shares as your gonna loose money.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

I havent been buying shares, I'm asking alot of questions about buying shares so went I start looking deeper into it, or read a book about the theories, or do a course in it, I'll alreeady know the basics.

HowDoWeLearnPyramid.gif

I know obviously you can buy them online, or you can ring Davies and set up an account and do it over the phone, but is there anywhere it can be done face to face?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

The last time I bought shares (a few years ago) I did it at my local AIB with Goodbody stock brokers, who are connected to AIB.
    I don't know if you can still do this or not.

If you can still do this, it is perfect for your first few times.
    But the fees not the cheapest and there may be a time lag compared to doing it online, which may cost you, if the prices are moving fast.

I went to my local BOI lately as I am interested in buying shares again.
    They said they had stopped share dealing over the counter with a few years and I would have to contact Davys directly.
    I don't know if this is all BOI branches or not.
    I wanted to try Davys because they are cheaper than Goodbodys.

Or you could try the Golden pages for other stock brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Thanks Satts! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 uglybetty

Did you end up purchasing in the end? Trying to look into this myself, but a bit confused with all the options!

• Advertisement
Advertisement