Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to buy

Options
  • 01-10-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I usually only lurk on boards, but I registered to ask this one simple question.

Im not usually a gambler, but at just after 6 o clock this morning I won 1,500euro on an absolutely $hite hand in a game of poker :D:D:D:D:D

So what do I buy. Its the weekend, its really sunny outside, I dont have kids, mortage or car to worry about... no bills. I might take my father to Dublin tomorrow for a day out :) Any other ideas for me boardsies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Buy some kids, take out a mortgage or a car.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

A new TV/ laptop?

Coke and hookers though in all seriousness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

booze and brazzers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

gambler31 wrote: »
    I usually only lurk on boards, but I registered to ask this one simple question.

Im not usually a gambler, but at just after 6 o clock this morning I won 1,500euro on an absolutely $hite hand in a game of poker :D:D:D:D:D

So what do I buy. Its the weekend, its really sunny outside, I dont have kids, mortage or car to worry about... no bills. I might take my father to Dublin tomorrow for a day out :) Any other ideas for me boardsies?

Plane ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gambler31

:L I wouldnt even know where to get coke and hookers, well maybe the coke, but I wouldnt have a clue about the hookers :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

:L I wouldnt even know where to get coke and hookers, well maybe the coke, but I wouldnt have a clue about the hookers :rolleyes: ;)

WHAT???! Oh, you're new. Sorry, forgot. Carry on...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Move out of your parents basement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Buy a boards subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

1500 quid of Euromillions, you're bound to win then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Use it to pay off a relatively meaningless portion of your no-doubt gargantuan gambling debts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

If you won that much on one hand, think about how much you'd win on €1,500 worth of hands. You practically can't lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Subscribe to boards for 30 years. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Archeron

Bring 20 homeless people for lunch in some really posh restaurant on Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Champagne and cigars! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Win more money and they'll both find you, all in on black!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Give it to a Nigerian prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Invest it.

Actually, drugs and brazzers sounds better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Give a little to charity.

Blow the rest. You'd get a nice weekend a way somewhere with that.

Come to Amsterdam. I'll help you spend it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A nice holiday would spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

1500 quid of Euromillions, you're bound to win then!

Yes. Its guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pookah wrote: »
    Give a little to charity.

Blow the rest. You'd get a nice weekend a way somewhere with that.

Come to in Amsterdam. I'll help you spend it your load.
    Did you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Archeron wrote: »
    Bring 20 homeless people for lunch in some really posh restaurant on Stephens Green.

...and then do the dash and keep your 1500.

The odds of them catching you while surrounded by 20 homeless people are slim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You could be a good Samaritan and pay my course fees? Due next week and I don't have a cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I might take my father to Dublin tomorrow for a day out

While you're here maybe buy him a calendar so he doesn't think it's December 8th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gambler31

Thanks for the advice. Ive decided to visit Dublin. Can anyone tell me is it worth going to Dublin city on a Sunday... Will anywhere be open? I might have a wee look at this book of kells Ive heard so much about. But seriously, is it worth going on a Sunday or should I just wait till the following week? :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

should I just wait till the following week? :):D

Personally, I'd wait for the week just to let the anticipation build.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Be careful in Dublin, there's lots of cars!! You may not be used to such a metropolis!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Invest in a bank.

Buy some national bonds..

Can't lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Archeron wrote: »

lovely idea.:)

OP,
    -you could buy a plane ticket as has already been said, get some sun or whatever you're into.

-buy a pressie for someone special.

-buy a piece of jewellery, a ring or watch.

-go to a mad fancy restaurant that you've never been to and don't worry about the bill.

-give 500 of your winnings to charity and give no thought to how you spend the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Do your patriotic duty, give your winnings to help pay off the national debt!

Going to Dublin I hear, go along the boardwalk and meet nice friendly people who will advise you on what to do with your €1,500 ;):D

Advertisement