Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah sure arent we all friends?

Options
  • 01-10-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

My view of those in power and those who hold power on our small island isnt a good one, I see far too much cronyism and coruption going on for me to be happy about.

Personal examples of this involve rte and the agriculture sector (the only thing that links them is the lack of broadcasting talent). A cousin of mine was called in for a interview after responding to a advertisment in a paper, she was walking down the corridor when to the interview room with a secatary only to be told "sorry love, the position has been filled the interview and advertisment are a formality, we have to be seen to advertise for external recruits". She was also told the position already went to a senior executives neice.

Having worked in agriculture for a small time I am convinced that some farmers get away with what they think they can get away with, some of the stuff i have seen has left me with nasty view of those in that industry, the farmers hold so much power in this country its unbelievable. I have heard of farmers bullying workers in banks to get their sons a credit card (the son already having been confused) the farmer threathening to take all their millions out if their spoiled brat of a son isnt granted a card. I wont actually mention the rest as its scary but what are your experinces with cronyism and corruption in this country?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Sounds like a clear cut case of nepotatoism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

steddyeddy wrote: »
    My view of those in power and those who hold power on our small island isnt a good one, I see far too much cronyism and coruption going on for me to be happy about.

Personal examples of this involve rte and the agriculture sector (the only thing that links them is the lack of broadcasting talent). A cousin of mine was called in for a interview after responding to a advertisment in a paper, she was walking down the corridor when to the interview room with a secatary only to be told "sorry love, the position has been filled the interview and advertisment are a formality, we have to be seen to advertise for external recruits". She was also told the position already went to a senior executives neice.

Having worked in agriculture for a small time I am convinced that some farmers get away with what they think they can get away with, some of the stuff i have seen has left me with nasty view of those in that industry, the farmers hold so much power in this country its unbelievable. I have heard of farmers bullying workers in banks to get their sons a credit card (the son already having been confused) the farmer threathening to take all their millions out if their spoiled brat of a son isnt granted a card. I wont actually mention the rest as its scary but what are your experinces with cronyism and corruption in this country?

WTF have you been smoking mate?

And, can I have some?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

If you're going on about ' it's not what you know, it's who you know' type thing, then yeah, there is definitely a lot of that about. Have noticed it myself.

If that's not what you mean, i don't have a notion what you're waffleing about sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Pookah wrote: »
    Sounds like a clear cut case of nepotatoism.

ok spud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

alwaysadub wrote: »
    If you're going on about ' it's not what you know, it's who you know' type thing, then yeah, there is definitely a lot of that about. Have noticed it myself.

If that's not what you mean, i don't have a notion what you're waffleing about sorry.

yea thats what i mean its not what you know its who you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I have heard of farmers bullying workers in banks to get their sons a credit card (the son already having been confused)

It was probably all that complicated bank-speak that had him that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Rabble rabble humbug rabble rabble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Personal examples of this involve rte and the agriculture sector

In that case "Ear to the ground" must be formed from Satan's own spittle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I think we should merge all these government/banks/riot rabble threads into one, its getting out of hand now.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I think we should merge all these government/banks/riot rabble threads into one, its getting out of hand now.:rolleyes:

Perhaps we could we merge it with google streetview thread in order to show home locations of all those responsible?

bonerm wrote: »
    Perhaps we could we merge it with google streetview thread in order to show home locations of all those responsible?

Why bother going to each of their houses, when there is one big place they congregate daily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

bonerm wrote: »

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=143661105666744

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

Do these people not have enough Art classes to go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

What, you mean roll them all into one monster 'toxic thread' sort of thing ?

Morlar wrote: »
    What, you mean roll them all into one monster 'toxic thread' sort of thing ?

Aye. Rename it Banks and tings.

Advertisement