Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Laden worried about climate change

Options
  • 01-10-2010 11:37am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I guess his cave has flooded? :confused:
    Osama bin Laden has expressed concern about global climate change and flooding in Pakistan, in an audiotape aired on Islamist Internet forums, a monitoring group said.

“The number of victims caused by climate change is very big... bigger than the victims of wars,” said the voice, whose authenticity could not be immediately verified and made available by SITE Intelligence Group.

The tape would be the first time Bin Laden has spoken publicly since March 25.

It was not clear when the tape was made, but bin Laden congratulated Muslims on the September 10 end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan.

“The catastrophe (in Pakistan) is very big and it is difficult to describe it,” he said.

“What we are facing... calls for generous souls and brave men to take serious and prompt action to provide relief for their Muslim brothers in Pakistan.”
    source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I don't think he's still alive, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

It shows he's not all bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

curlzy wrote: »
    I don't think he's still alive, do you?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he is and is currently going by the name Emmanuel Goldstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Good for him, is he going to plant trees to offset his carbon footprint for 9/11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Good for him, is he going to plant trees to offset his carbon footprint for 9/11?

Surely 9/11 was good for carbon footprints as it downed all US planes for 24 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id rather him then John Gormley TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If it is him, and that a big if. He is just desperate to sound relevant. I doubt he really gives a rats ass about the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I always knew the Green Party were like the Taliban;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

He's probably just pissed he cant blow the climate up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I think if the Taliban shoe was on the other foot, (the one remaining after the IED) and the flooding was happining in the USA he would be jumping with joy saying Islam did it as a way of punishing America.
    I think it about time this man got off the camels back and stated if he thinks Global warming is bad for all religions or just the ones affected by the ones in his parishes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement