Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

built-in freeview tuner

Options
  • 01-10-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi all i am thinking of buying a sony bravia kdl37ex403 with a built-in freeview tuner.does this mean i only need to connect to a dish to receive freeview channels or do i still need a box to bring them in.i have read here that freeview is superior to free to air,any info or tips on what to go for would be great.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Should be OK for Irish DTT (known as Saorview) but to be sure you may be better off waiting a few months until certified devices appear as it's not officially launched yet. Many can pick this up already with an aerial - not a satellite dish (so this is the wrong forum). It doesn't have TV3 on it yet.

Freeview is in the UK and it's a totally different system.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

You should be looking for a FreeSat system.
    Freeview is a UK system that we can't get over here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I think that Sony TV is FreeviewHD, so it will work with the Irish Saorview.

I think, but it is not certified yet. Wait.

Advertisement