Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamp down on lazy public service staff

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good, I'd like to see the boot put into lazy people on the dole, and the public & private sectors.

No room for spongers these days, dump the dead weight and lighten the load.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Good, I'd like to see the boot put into lazy people on the dole, and the public & private sectors.

You want to kill people on the dole!?! :eek:

You want to kill people on the dole!?! :eek:

Look at my avatar, for awhile I want to kill everyone.. Even my friends & family in the Jews :cool:

Look at my avatar, for awhile I want to kill everyone.. Even my friends & family in the Jews :cool:
    My avatar would kick your avatar's ass in a game of Street Countdown.

My avatar would kick your avatar's ass in a game of Street Countdown.

I'll see your Street Countdown and raise you a Pavement Stromping!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

clearly its the solution. no more unemployment, no more welfare spongers even more vacant housing to bring down values. I reckon leaving about 53 people would be enough to keep the country going ok.

I'll see your Street Countdown and raise you a Pavement Stromping!.
    i LOVE pavement!!

Bring it.

Right just finishing work, started at 6pm yesterday so wanna go home.. I'll bring on my solutions later..

(btw, its really me in my avatar!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Excellent news! About time too!

But can we do it next week, its Friday after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Although, yes there lazy people everywhere, from having worked in a public service office, they hire about 50 people to do the work a private company would hire 5 for. Resulting in most having nothing to do and so just sit there and natter or read from 9-5 or 10-4 on their flexitime.

And Makikomi, what is up with your avatar? Ya have me worried and I was a blonde kid just so you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

i LOVE pavement!!

Bring it.

STOOOOP.

I am now reading all your posts in his voice. Its not right.

(btw, its really me in my avatar!).

HAHA Bald people have no souls. Its because you might have been ginger at one stage but you cant tell now and god doesnt want to take the risk.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Although, yes there lazy people everywhere, from having worked in a public service office, they hire about 50 people to do the work a private company would hire 5 for. Resulting in most having nothing to do and so just sit there and natter or read from 9-5 or 10-4 on their flexitime.

No, thats a silly exaggerated statement.

And Makikomi, what is up with your avatar? Ya have me worried and I was a blonde kid just so you know!

Well its me in my avatar, honestly!.

Right, really. I'm just finishing a nightshift I started yesterday at 6pm and wanna get out of here.

We'll find discuss my final solution later.

No, thats a silly exaggerated statement.

That's my (and other contractors) experience from working in one particular public service office. Maybe it is exagerated as I have only worked in the one but it was grossly over staffed.

I know, hence the worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Sweet, we haven't had a public service bashing thread in ages. All of this talk of private banks ruining us and such was getting a bit boring. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Take down your Avatar it is disgusting and you seemed like a decent bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why is a bum in the private sector of concern to you?

Kasabian wrote: »
    Take down your Avatar it is disgusting and you seemed like a decent bloke.

I think its meant to be irony. He is a staunch defender of Israel on related threads. Its most likely shopped in and I seriously doubt he is nazi inclined. Relax de kaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

gizmo wrote: »
    Sweet, we haven't had a public service bashing thread in ages.

And approved by the president!

Jumpy wrote: »
    I think its meant to be irony. He is a staunch defender of Israel on related threads. Its most likely shopped in and I seriously doubt he is nazi inclined. Relax de kaks.

I don't know if I'm imagining it but I have a vague recollection of him talking about his past views. I think the tat is real, just really old!

I could be wrong though.

• Advertisement

I don't know if I'm imagining it but I have a vague recollection of him talking about his past views. I think the tat is real, just really old!

I could be wrong though.

STOP TALKING IN MOSSs VOICE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Still doesn't take from the fact the Avatar is disgusting.

I am relaxed, it's Friday.

Should we change this to Mak's avatar discussion thread?

I know from Mak's post he is a smart and very decent guy and if the tat is part of his past and he wants it in his avatar then it's his right, but most people won't know Mak too well and, especially as a mod, it sends out a very scary signal about who you may actually be talking to on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

STOP TALKING IN MOSSs VOICE!

I don't Adam and believe this thread.

Should we change this to Mak's avatar discussion thread?

I know from Mak's post he is a smart and very decent guy and if the tat is part of his past and he wants it in his avatar then it's his right, but most people won't know Mak too well and, especially as a mod, it sends out a very scary signal about who you may actually be talking to on here.

At least you have the guts to show your massive giant freak eye. Fair play dude.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I don't Adam and believe this thread.

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

the Irish indo put this just under her sensible call in todays offering

THE Seanad shut up shop early yesterday and decided to take an extra day off -- despite having just returned from a 10-week summer break.

After a session that lasted less than four hours, senators will now take a six-day break until the next Seanad sitting at 2.30pm next Wednesday. This is a day later than originally planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

dey took our jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

The president? Wait what is her purpose again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Keep dreaming.

Advertisement