Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breach of employment contract - Solicitor now, how much??!

Options
  • 30-09-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Not sure if this is in the right section (mods please move if it isnt!)

This is what happened.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68278535#post68278535

I got some free legal advice tonight in the CIC and he advised me to get a solicitor to get a Special Order so I could go after my ex boss for what im owed.

Does anyone know how much solicitors cost nowadays? I dont have a lot of disposable income but dont think I would qualify for legal aid judging from their website!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Most would be charging from €125 per hour and up. Not unknown in Dublin for solicitors to charge €350 an hour. If there is a court application required you might have to pay for a barrister as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

Eek.... thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Jo King wrote: »
    Most would be charging from €125 per hour and up. Not unknown in Dublin for solicitors to charge €350 an hour. If there is a court application required you might have to pay for a barrister as well.

:eek: WTF

OP Ring the labour court they are free and highly effective and straightforward. If your in a union a spitu rep will represent you. Your claims sounds like a straight forward payment of wages and the labour court has the power of enforcement on the payment of wages. Avoid solicitors and go straight to labour court. You need no solicitor etc.. They are very fair and understanding and much more in your favour than a court. They will take no nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

Thanks for the advice but ive already been to the labour court... they cant enforce the decision given by the rights commissioner. If you read the last couple of pages in my thread it will explain why it cant be enforced....

Advertisement