Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wimax

Options
  • 30-09-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi folks,
    Have been approached twice by wimax about moving to them. With vodafone and not a happy camper. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of wimax. Am in edgeworthstown area.

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Xcellor

a4martman wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Have been approached twice by wimax about moving to them. With vodafone and not a happy camper. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of wimax. Am in edgeworthstown area.

Cheers:)

Dad is going to change from VF to wimax (imagine - wimax is just a technology like dsl)

Ill report the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 a4martman

Thanks a mill xcellor, would be great to hear a first hand account of what it's like, cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Do a search on boards for wimax, a lot of unhappy people too.

Cheers, Micky 32, will do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Service is not that reliable. Not suitable for gaming anyway... 150ms ping and only 2 miles from mast.

This service should not be considered unless there is no alternative.

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 westhfra

Want my opinion ?

Stay clear of them. In my case I have the following issues.

- Useless Phone service
    - Faulty equipment (fixed now)
    - "Unlimited" - well unlimited obviously mean something else to them
    30GB download is what you get go over and they limit your speed to under
    1/2 a MEG (they hide behind their fair usage policy)
    - Latency

As there is no-one else what can you do ?
    I'm now in a situation where I must choose - 2-3 MB from Eircom even with NGB in exchange and at least decent download caps and higher payments

or

7 MB from these cowboys but I cannot dare to even download their jingle as it will effect my "unlimited" download quota and a bit cheaper monthly payment.

So yes, kinda screwed.

And No there is No other service provider.

Thanks westhfra,

I see what you mean. Not an ideal situation. Will stick with vodafone so for the moment. Thanks again!!!

Advertisement