Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Asia Electric Guns' G36C?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi All.

Was looking on http://www.mwairsoft.net and the Asia Electic Guns G36c looked pretty nice for its price. I've heard its a good gun, but could somebody please confirm this for me?

Anybody have the gun, or know somebody with the gun?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

ok i bought one the just 2 days ago, its a nice gun for the price but on closer inspection the hop up was jammed or somethin i couldnt move it up or down (still cant) but that could be somethin im doin wrong and the selector switch is a bit tight too like hard to switch but over all its a good gun for the price. and that might be just my gun you could get one thats perfect. it comes with an 8.4volt battery and the rate of fire is pretty good with that. not so much on distance but thats probably down to the short barrel (it is a smg after all) id give it a 7 out of 10 but like i said i only have it 2 days so that could change when i take it on skirmish. hope this helps.

john joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It depends on the brand. "Asia Electric Guns" isn't a brand, it's a misrepresented explanation for the acronym AEG (it actually means Automatic[/] Electric Gun, by the way). It's similar to saying something is "ACM brand", which actually just means "All China Made".
    I'd contact the shop and find out. If it's a JG, which would be rare as heck these days, then it's actually a brilliant bit of kit.
    If it's ASG, then it's possible that it's a JG still, but equally as possible that it's not. ASG rebrands Chinese clones, some are better quality than others (even within one type of gun).

I'd be dubious about trusting any rifle without knowing the manuafacturer first. Asking the store would be my first act, if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I thought they were a new manufacturer in HK?

http://www.aegguns.com/

I'm pretty sure that site is a wholesale/resale company. I've seen it before, but virtually everything on it is a clone from various other brands. They have the Stg44, for example, which was only done by AGM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Like any info coming out of China regarding airsoft, this should be taken with a pinch of salt....

I've been talking to suppliers over there, and I'm hearing that there are very small quantities of airsoft guns still being produced by people like DBoys, Jing Gong, Well, etc.

The problem is not in producing them (well...not entirely), but in getting them out to the rest of the world. Its very risky for the Chinese to ship whole guns to Hong Kong for distribution, so they are being shipped in their component parts, semi-assembled, and then re-assembled in HK and badged under different brands.

Asia Electric Guns is one of the companies assembling these parts, and its quite possible the AEG G36c is a JG, and the KAC PDW is Kalash/DBoys.

Again....thats what I've been told....but the stories change every few weeks, so that could all be nonsense.

We have a few on the way, and once Richie gets his mitts on one he'll probably be able to identify the original manufacturer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

QC'd a batch of them when I was with South East Airsoft, they're definitely JG's rebranded under Asia Electric Gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I have even seen a few JG g36's up on gunner airsoft so they are being made if in tiny quantities, makes sense that they are a rebrand, I wonder if they are assembled well or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Aye, I was under the same impression as Shiva, that Asia Electric Guns were a conglomerate of the Cloners - it was only a matter of time before they figured out a way to overcome the restrictions.

If it's a JG G36, then it comes very highly recommended as a starter gun. If you buy it from Mid-West Airsoft, you should also have a warranty with them, so if there's any issues, it will be sorted FOC.

As always, I'd recommend that you ask yourself if YOU like the look of the gun, the feel of it, and if you'd want to use it. For the vast majority of people, performance comes AFTER the aesthetics. So make sure you like the look/feel of it before buying :)

I stand corrected, I was under the impression they were simply distributing whatever it was they could scavenge from the Chinese market. I didn't realise they were building and branding them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Villafan6

is there any chance you could send me a link can't find it anywhere

• Advertisement
Advertisement