Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting around skys 269euro charge

Options
  • 30-09-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

HI i have sky + at the moment want to get sky + multi room i know its 15 euros a month to get it but they want 269 euros to install it, can i get the sky+ box my self and do the cable is there any way around paying the 269euros thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Go to ebay or our very own adverts.ie and pick up a Sky+ box and quad lnb, run the extra cables (including phone lines to both boxes) then ring Sky and tell them to send you out another card, then ring and get it paired when it arrives.

You'd easily get all you need for less than a hundred euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Or ask an independent installer to do it. I lot of installers have sky+boxes 2nd hand which could be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭adhoc

Sorry to hijack but I'm thinking of moving to Sky but don't want to have to move from NTL for landline (they insist on fixed landline for multiroom).

If I was to just take HD box downstairs, would this be an option for me? If i had all sports movies downstairs would I be able to do this without a load of cables being run everywhere? How would you explain needing a 2nd card?

Does anyone have any good contacts who would do this? ta

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

adhoc wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but I'm thinking of moving to Sky but don't want to have to move from NTL for landline (they insist on fixed landline for multiroom).

If I was to just take HD box downstairs, would this be an option for me? If i had all sports movies downstairs would I be able to do this without a load of cables being run everywhere? How would you explain needing a 2nd card?

Does anyone have any good contacts who would do this? ta
    How many Sky boxes are you considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

tonti27 wrote: »
    HI i have sky + at the moment want to get sky + multi room i know its 15 euros a month to get it but they want 269 euros to install it, can i get the sky+ box my self and do the cable is there any way around paying the 269euros thanks

That's a bit steep considering the standard price to upgrade to multiroom is €69.Best to go through an independant as sometimes the call centre staff don't know their ass from their elbow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement