Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am connected but only a few channels?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

ok I have connected up my ols sky hd box and I have only bbc1 and bbc2 as well as a welsh channel and shopping channels,no itv no c4 no sky news no kids channels either no bravo no living etc etc, i am being told my card is needing to be replaced,in fact it doesnt matter if my card is in or not,i only have the same limited channels, anyone know what should i do? the box has not been used in 2yrs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rockey1

Try do a over the air software up date power of the box hold in the backup power on the box keep holding the backup until all lights come back on might work box was of for as long may need this done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

tried that but still no effect, also noted that there are no itv channels whatsoever,not even on the line up of channels,

can anyone help me out here??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What channels are the BBCs showing on the epg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You won't get Bravo or Living-they're encrypted.Do not put the card in the box,you don't need it.Try plugging it out while holding back up button on the box and then plug it in again.Channel 101 should then be BBC 1,Ch 178 is ITV HD.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    You won't get Bravo or Living-they're encrypted.Do not put the card in the box,you don't need it.Try plugging it out while holding back up button on the box and then plug it in again.Channel 101 should then be BBC 1,Ch 178 is ITV HD.

WORKS:):), nice one zerks,here is another one for ya, if I do get a sky card from the uk,what extra channels will i get? the one i really wanted was eurosport as i thought that used to be free to air?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Not much really. With the right UK card you can get Fiver, Five US and Sky 3. Eurosport UK is encrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Eurosport with German is free on 19E

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

You're welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

ok I have connected up my ols sky hd box and I have only bbc1 and bbc2 as well as a welsh channel and shopping channels,no itv no c4 no sky news no kids channels either no bravo no living etc etc, i am being told my card is needing to be replaced,in fact it doesnt matter if my card is in or not,i only have the same limited channels, anyone know what should i do? the box has not been used in 2yrs.

i had a fellow out here from sky to change my box to sky plus, i paid for the box he brought, then he took away the previous box, was he entitled to do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

goat2 wrote: »
    i had a fellow out here from sky to change my box to sky plus, i paid for the box he brought, then he took away the previous box, was he entitled to do that

No. ring him and get it back.

(unless it was a replacement box )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

not really a replacement, it was only 2 yrs old, the one he put in i paid up front for and that one was second hand as i did not want to pay for a new one.

watty wrote: »
    Eurosport with German is free on 19E

I guess I would need another satellite dish for that?

Advertisement