Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference in taxation of campers in UK and Ireland

Options
  • 30-09-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking at importing a gmc Vandura from the UK, it is taxed as a Motorhome/Camper over there. Will that make any difference when registering it in Ireland, or is the system totally different? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I assume you're vandura is under 180cm and under 3 ton so you'll pay 30% vrt on what they imagine its worth which will generally be a lot more than you've paid or couldever hope to sell it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

paddyp wrote: »
    under 3 ton so you'll pay 30% vrt .

oh has the €50 price been changed already? - didn't realise that

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭HiKite

Thanks Paddy, you reckon they'll just ignore the fact that it's registered as a camper in the UK, and run the Irish rules on it. I have a list of these rules, and the Vandura doesn't qualify, even on height and weight, never mind the rest. As a long-shot, I was hoping I could say 'look, it's registered as a camper' and that would be enough! Always the optimist ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

nyeb2007 wrote: »
    oh has the €50 price been changed already? - didn't realise that

Yes the 50 euro rate is gone from January 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

do we know for sure that the €50 vrt rate will change in 2011,all going well we will in a position to up grade soon,we normally go to the uk for the better selection of vans we were going to leave it to the new year to start the new search ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement