Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it absolutely neccessary to have 2 cables for Sky HD?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

....Even if you are not using the PPV service or wont be recording?

I have 2 at the dish and brought them into the attic where I planned to connect them to the two that were in my new garage room, unfortunately,only one cable goes to the attic while the other just goes out to the old Cablelink box, (house is 12 yrs old)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

ok I believe its possible but one thing I need to know is does it matter which output on LNB is used as the feed? There are 4 connected and they are all taped up to the arm on the dish so its difficult to see which cable feeds each input on the LNB

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They are all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Watty is right-all feeds are the same, so you only need one if you're just using the box for fta,switch it to single feed mode and disable anytime tv,you won't need it(keeps the fan from running more often)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Fantastic,saves such a lot of mess,thanx so much guys!:)

Advertisement