Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an Interior Designer or advice in decorating a home

Options
  • 30-09-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have recently moved into a new house and every wall is painted magnolia!!:p Basically I am staring from a blank canvas as carpets will have to be replaced as well and I find this very daunting as regards what colour shemes to go with etc....

I want to do all the painting and work myself.

The main rooms would be hall, stairs area, living room and bedrooms

Does any one know of an interior designer or someone to give advice regards re-decorating a home. Is there any good websites or maganizes that would provide assistance??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tiredmum

Hi, i painted all my walls white. My color scheme is black and white..there is a website called bhg.com..very nice and practical ideas.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tiredmum

there is another site..hgtv.com/decor..hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Cora Collins is an excellent interior designer and works for some of the paint companiis I think.
    Don't know if I am allowed put her number here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Val Dennison

Nina Blodeau from Rathkeale has an excellent reputation. I can supply a contact number if you pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

This might seem a little odd.... but ...... Visit all the Showhouses (normally Sunays at lunchtime) and bring a Camera.

- Great for borrowing ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Notes

Hello
    i am a qualified interior designer though i am not working as one....really only ever done work on my own home and with family and friends...if you are looking for ideas or thoughts i would be happy to take a look and advise.... send me a pm and we can talk:)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

www.lcfe.ie have a decorate your home for less nightclass starting in january. Looks interesting.

Advertisement