Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lantern for grave wanted

Options
  • 30-09-2010 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Hope someone can help me here. Its the fathers anniveseary this weekend and the mother is looking for two lanterns for the grave. she is looking for ones that you can put candels in not solar powered ones. Ive looked everywhere and cant find any. Has anyone spotted any in any shops?

Thanks in advance

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im going to suggest a garden centre. Its the kind of thing that people put on their outdoor tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭iceman777

Try the Knock Shrine Shop, 76-77 Little Catherine Street Limerick.
    They have loads of different religious knick-knacks like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

The Knock Shop, where PJs pub used to be between William St and Thomas St, they have them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Saw something like that in the last week and am trying to remember which store or centre I saw them in.

I was in four places that day, Woodies, the garden centre in Bruree, the garden centre near Granagh, and the garden centre in Ardnacrusha.

Might be worth getting the phone numbers and ringing the garden centres.

Woodies I would not bother ringing as generally the ones that answer the phone there don't seem to know what the store stocks, would be better to go there in person to look.

I am thinking what I saw was a small latern type thing for Xmas for back gardens etc. It had a metal casing and glass panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Augustians or Dominicans which ever one is on o'connell street. Got one for my mother years ago there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Thanks everyone

Kess thats exactly what im after...ill check Augustians or Dominicans too

Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

Augustians or Dominicans which ever one is on o'connell street. Got one for my mother years ago there.

It's the Augustians, they have them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Was trying to remember where I saw these, I'm pretty sure it's in that religious shop at the top of william st. If you don't have any luck with the rest maybe try there. Don't know what it's called but it's painted red, and is near enough to Celtic Bookmakers and those shops there.

I'll be going back into town later so if I swing by there I'll let you know the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, I would advise not spending too much money on these things. I'm sad to say it but most likely they will either be taken or broken after you leave. Similar thing happened to my grand parents grave, my mum put some nice little potted flowers there. She came back the following week and found the pots gone and the flowers thrown on the path. Sadly there are some out there who have as much respect for the dead as the living!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Dunne's had them recently too. I got two of them, small glass lanterns that hold a tealight and are wind resistant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭adaminho

Try the €2 shops most have them and cheap candles. If your badly stuck the petrol station across from St. Laurences cemetry has them but are way over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Guineys have them upstairs. Saw them yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Sorry D, didn't get to go back into town and so i didn't get to check out the name of the shop. hope you get yourself sorted anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

got one all sorted....thanks people!

boards.ie Limerick Forum FTW!!

Advertisement