Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch ADs in Dublin

Options
  • 30-09-2010 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Was in Dublin yesterday and had a good look around the shops. Started in Brown Thomas where amongst others they had small displays from Zenith, Glashutte Original, Panerai, Blancpain. A bizarrely large selection of Rado pieces, a Cartier and Omega Boutique.
    Weirs had a sizeable Seiko, Rolex, Tag, Omega, Cartier, Bulova, Patek Phillipe, Citizen, Breitling, Montblanc some Jaeger la Couture displays.
    Paul Sheeran had a very nice upstair watch lounge with Zentith, IWC, Omega, Breitling and a few more.
    Ernest on Grafton street had Tag, Seiko, Ball mostly.
    Thought Sheerans had the most comfy showrooms , not an awful lot of watches but they had some real standout pieces from IWC, the Omega ploprof and Jaeger.
    Weirs had the biggest displays and sometimes I was overwhelmed by their amount of watches. Alot of blinged out nonsense as well!
    BTs for me was disappointing. The Glashuttes on display were quite expensive and complicated. The Blancpain 50 Fathoms was on display in gold! pushing the price up to about 12k. Crazy when the steel would be half that.
    Coudn't understand all the Rados on display what is the attraction with these bangle style watches?! The Omega boutique was good, nice display with sensible options.
    Great day out some new additions to my wishlist but most watches were needlessly complicated models pushing the prices out for most I'm sure. found myself looking down at my Sinn u1 and wondering how could a watch costing a grand put most of the offerings to shame in the looks department !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

not sure if you were specifically looking around ADs as opposed to second hand stores, but dawson jewellers carry a large selection of breitling, jaeger, rolex, omega, tag etc etc

there are also some smaller places upstairs in powerscourt shopping centre in town

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

I went to Dawson's Jewelers today with my eberhard Chrono4 in order to inquiry for a trade in.
    There is a nice selection of watches, from Rolex to Omega with few Panerai on show and some JLC Reverso that I adore!
    do you have any experience with these jewellers? the guy behind the counter seemed very nice and approachable, but the prices he quoted me for some Rolex were..ermmm...too high, almost the price of a new one for a second hand?:confused:
    anyway, he took my watch and he is going to do few calls then he will get in contact with me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I find them nice in there, and they have some nice stuff, there is plenty of scope for discount for a straight sale, but they have the prices inflated to allow them plenty of room on trade ins, think of it like trading in a car at a garage :D

Advertisement