Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who delivers from Parcelforce in Limerick ?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who currently delivers for Parcelforce couriers in Limerick ?

At one stage it was Anpost sometimes, and other times GLS It think.
    Not sure who delivers for them nowadays in Limerick.

Tracking a package at the moment (And in work not at home) so
    not sure where their depot will be if the delivery guy throws a docket in the door.
    (Since my transport is a bicycle hoping their depot is close by)

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Afaik they know they call you and if you are not there all you do is call them back and if they arent too busy and still in the area, they come back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I think its GLS at the moment that do Parcelforce, try giving them a bell, they are based in Annacotty, so you better have that protein shake before you cycle out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cheers thanks,

Was trying to time it, and nip home, they have a tendency to call around
    Lunch time where I'm living.

Annacotty's not too bad, at least its not a depot in Shannon!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

GLS.

The Courier that expects you to do the Couriering on their behalf.

- Honestly they ring you on your mobile and announce they have a package for you in their Depot and politely enquire as to when you'd like to collect it :confused:

Its the equivalent of a Surgeon who sends you a text message asking if you wouldn't mind removing your own Appendix cause they are just not arsed.......

Raiser wrote: »
    GLS.

The Courier that expects you to do the Couriering on their behalf.

As Courier's go had lots of mixed dealings with different ones.

An Post before when I rang them said their Drivers WONT ring you
    if they are on their way with a package when I inquired.
    Its just plain old tough if your happen to be working Mon-Fri
    and are not at home.

Found fastways to be good, they ring ya and you can deal with the drivers.

UPS customer support were a nightmare, had a package incorrectly sized by Customs and Rang them about it, they said it had nothing to do with UPS anymore yet they sent me a bill for vat and fees a few months later along with a threatening letter to pay them or else they would take legal action. Had to travel to Shannon to
    sort things out, and deal with the Gardai out there.

GLS one time had a driver ring me up and ask me if I could meet him
    at McDonalds or beside the Library in the Crescent Shopping center.
    (I did not mind as I was heading their for Lunch!)
    Another time they did not ring at all but left a docket, I rang them back
    and the lad asked me to call down to his Cousins house who lived
    in a neighbouring estate, he was off having a smoke and coffee!

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Don't know if they've changed but along time ago i'd ordered a £300(yes £ not yoyo's) , video card off the net and it was delivered by parcel force. I arrived home and my package was left outisde the door, no notice slip, nothing, neighbours were a round so it could've been dropped into them but was'nt. To this day i don't know how it was'nt knicked. Stayed away from them ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Worked for a company before who used Parcelforce to deliver and collect from peoples homes - worst company in the world for deliveries

:D love listening to peoples opinions on deliveries.
    One amazes me is that most people think that you have one delivery to do in a day and that you should call when it suits them and not on your round. Easy to accomodate people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

To make life easier for themselves some of these companies will not go around housing estates looking for house numbers or travel down country roads so they ask to meet at a local takeaway etc.An post cover all parts of the country.In 2011 when there is an open market we will have every van company in Ireland meeting people at the local car park to hand over mail and parcels.

Got my package anyway, nobody rang me but herself had
    arrived home meanwhile when the delivery guy called.

Am happy as long as I get it!

I used to get all my stuff delivered to work which was great
    but the lad I knew in stores who was ok with accepting personal deliverys left, and have been told now its frowned upon to get non work related items delivered.

Also when your me and collect Militeria and airsoft stuff like inert grenades and replica guns its not the best thing to get delivered to your place of employment! :D

~B

• Advertisement

Not so bad, was looking at getting some eirsoft gear myself, havent yet

kilburn wrote: »
    Not so bad, was looking at getting some eirsoft gear myself, havent yet

if you want to support your local
    Limerick Business then Tony in Limerick
    will be your man!

http://mwairsoft.net/

He's living local and sells all airsoft equipment, all above board and legal, he also can be found at the local skirmish site out in ballyneety at the weekends.

(not really a player myself more into the collecting end of things)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

Was expecting a parcel myself from Parcelforce past few days. Tracking site says it been delivered. Hope they didnt leave it outside the door. No phone call, no docket nothing. Good that this thread is here as wasnt sure where to collect. Muppets. You'd expect a docket to say they called.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Please choose your preferred delivery Method:

An Post [] 3-5 Business Days
    DHL [] 3 Business Days
    Parcelforce [] Dumped in the Bushes outside their Depot a month later now fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

Just collected a parcel from my neighbour,it was a phone I ordered from 3G yesterday and delivered by Nightline.Nice to see some companies use common sense.

Advertisement