Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Hotel in Limerick?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Read in the post or should I say saw the ad in the post For the New Hotel opening soon in Limerick City Centre looking for staff. A new hotel !?!? madness any one know where it will be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Probably one of the existing empty Hotels under new Management?

- I'd imagine that 'Managing' a Limerick Hotel is akin to Skippering a Ship in the Desert.....

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

I would guess it's Sarsfield bridge hotel, as there is a lot of work going on there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Oh for godsake, another hotel are they serious!!!! If they ever give a case study on where the banks and developers went wrong, limerick hotels will be the main example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

If its the sarsfield bidge it would be good because having all of the Asylum seekers in there was crazy. I mean especially since the murder in 2008

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1228/limerick.html

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Moroccan-who-admitted-manslaughter-due.5366816.jp

Seems like he disarmed and dismissed someone who came to stab him in cold blood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I thought the Sarsfield Bridge Hotels residents were due to be evicted in July.
    Other migrants reported incidents of racism in education, while the life of an asylum seeker is also a focus of the report, following the closure of Sarsfield Bridge hotel as an asylum hostel earlier this year.

Source http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Racism-on-the-rise-in.6461781.jp

I remember starting a thread about it but Im too lazy to go looking for it. :rolleyes:

So maybe they are gone and its going to re-open. If so, about time!!

Where are the jobs advertised by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Page 90 in the Limerick Post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

kilburn wrote: »
    Page 90 in the Limerick Post

Page 1 of their forthcoming book "I can't believe i opened a hotel in an over supplied city".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Hope they have an exclusive deal with Ryanair, Aer Lingus and every other tour operator or they are fooked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

they could start with a place to park while a resident is being dropped/collected.

• Advertisement

flutered wrote: »
    they could start with a place to park while a resident is being dropped/collected.

Lol.

- They only employ very skinny Valet Drivers ya see - Cause of the 2/3 lanes of fast paced traffic......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Without giving specifics, there is always one character in the area there. Could hire that person as valet parker!

Advertisement