Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what way for mutilple tv setup

Options
  • 29-09-2010 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I’m trying to figure out the best way to connect my tv’s in a new build.
    I’ll soon be routing the coaxial cables through the conduits, so I want to know which way will be best.

I’ll probably go with a freesat setup. I’m currently in another house using a basic free to air setup from astra, and it’s ok, but no EPG is a pain.
    I’m not familiar with the sky setup, but I believe there are 2 coaxial required to/from the dish, my fta had just the one
    There are 8 ‘tv’ rooms in total.
    Would it be best to run the coaxial from dish to receiver then a 8 way splitter module, or go with 8 separate lines from an LNB with 8 outputs, each line to a receiver in each room ? I just spotted an 8 way LNB recently.

Any help appreciated, nothing too tecy,still learning :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Will you be using aerial(s) to pick up RTE/TV3/TG4 aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭d o'c

I may do this in some rooms, main, kitchen, I think I can live without in the bedrooms.

I'm in a remote area, and prior to the sat, I had very poor terrestrial,so basic as it is, the SD box is miles ahead, but no RTE etc..
    .. I don't know how the digi terrestrial will work, something I have to plan for aswell maybe.
    some of the conduit will stop above my suspended ceiling/below the precast slab, so retrofitting a cable down later won't be easy. Other rooms have joists and it can be done easier.

Advertisement