Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes, ANOTHER Casual work and Job Seekers Thread

Options
  • 29-09-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

I was genuinely looking for a similar thread but just like my job searches....it proved futile.

I'm on JB almost a year now. I recently started working with an Extra company on productions. (well...la de da)

To date I've only worked 1 day with them last month. Due to work again tomorrow. So it's very sporadic and out of the blue.

I get paid by cheque.

Regards, processing myself as a casual worker, is it worth the hassle, queuing in the dole office for x to the nth power of hours, and getting the casual workers form filled out by my random employers, just for the odd day of work?

Or do I lodge the cheque and hope Mary in the labour exchange doesn't wise up and track my illegal wages?

What to do?

Thanks.

PI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

Im on the casual slips at the moment, they have changed it a bit, you no longer need your employer to sign or stamp them, just fill them out yourself. When you drop them into the dole office you dont have to queue, just go up and slip them under the security glass at the counter. A few people I work with just said "feck it" and didnt go on the slips, all 3 of them were caught, not sure how.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pirateireland

thanks Higs!

Do you get docked dole for the days you work?

Even if it's 1 day a week for example?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

Yeah, you lose EUR37 for every day you work, no mater how many hours you work, if you do 1 hour or 24 hours you still lose the same amount. You dont lose anything for working on sundays. Im kinda lucky as my normal shift is anywhere from 10 to 20 hours so its worth my while to work as can earn between 135 - 280 a shift and only lose the 37. If you work more than 3 days a week you dont get any dole for that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pirateireland

Great stuff thanks for clearing that up.

Fraternally.

Advertisement