Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahead of Ballinasloe

Options
  • 29-09-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

...just a quick heads up

I live in East Clare and had a fella call round on spec this afternoon in a battered white Toyota van 01 Carlow plate.
    He was asking for scrap metal but seemed very interested in the stable and asking about the horse...

Not casting aspersions, just seemed a bit "not right" to me

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Thanks for the head's up!

It might be worth mentioning it to your local guards just incase there are any incidents in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

took his reg plate down and passed it on to my neighbour who has a "mate" in the Garda

Also fitted a lock to the front gate and will bring horse in overnight for a few nights as the stable's within earshot of the house... Good job my hay delivery arrived last week ;)

How's all going with your horse? Have you managed to get back to him since school started?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

convert wrote: »
    How's all going with your horse? Have you managed to get back to him since school started?

Yes thanks - been having a problem with him napping quite badly so last week he went to boot camp - staying at a friend's stable where I rode him out daily along with her and her youngster. Brought him back last weekend, long-reined him over the weekend and on Monday rode him from home and he was a delight.
    Been riding out daily even if it's just 15 minutes or so , just to get him into the habit of doing SOMETHING for his keep. He did nap again today, not quite as badly but just enough to shake my confidence a little, so I'm going to book a few riding lessons on a school horse to work on my confidence and technique as well.
    Once we're out though, he's mighty !!

Hopefully it'll start to improve from here on in. Youngsters can be quite stubborn when they want, but when they decide to do something there's nothing like the rewarding feeling you get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement