Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wheels will fit caravan?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Finished using the caravan for this year so now it will be parked up until next April/May. As the tyres are pretty good, I'm thinking of taking off the wheels & sticking on an old set of wheels from the scrappy. Anyone know are all caravan wheels different or any type of car wheels come close to fitting a caravan. Fitment doesn't have to be exact as it won't be moving with these wheels & I can ream out the holes a bit if the studs don't quite line up.
    Caravan is an Adria on an ALKO chassis. Anyone done this?

Thanks,

T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

round wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Got a spare tyre on the caravan?
    Take that with you to the scrappie/tyre place and match the wheels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Measure the bore and pcd approximately and then check the thousands of lists of alloy wheel fitment guides..

I had caravan hubs with pcd 100 and bore 60mm, was able to put almera on by filing about 0.5mm off the bore and fiat by filing 1mm off the bore and 1mm off the stud holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

If you won't be moving it until next May just put it up on blocks and remove the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

i went through hell trying to get spares for my Hobby. Dealers wanted a fortune. brought one into a huge car dismantler and he told me they couldn't be got. Had success eventually. Put it on blocks I reakon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Just checked the spare & found it's a 5 stud. Will try the scrappy soon. Missus doesn't fancy seeing it up on blocks. Thanks for the replies.

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

You'll save yourself a lot of time by measuring the pcd and bore yourself and finding what fits, last time I was looking for a trailer wheel all the local scrappier said never saw anything like that. Checked online and it was a fairly standard fit lots of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Why not ring Donal Buckley and Mallow and ask him?

Advertisement