Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do Fetac Issue awards

Options
  • 29-09-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I recently did a Occupational First Aid FETAC Level 5 course with Precision Training, http://www.precisiontraining.ie - Does anybody know how long I will have to wait to receive my certificate from FETAC, I contacted the company and they said FETAC only issue certs twice a year?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

FETAC have 4 certifying periods in the year. Centres may not enter for all 4 but they have the option of doing so.

Entries can be made in October/November, Jan/Feb, May/June and August but certification doesnt follow until about 6-8 weeks after the entry deadlines have passed as external examiners or authenticators have to visit the centre and review the work.

At this stage you should just ask your provider for which period you are entered for. It is not just a case of rining up FETAC and saying you ahve done the course, you will have to have been entered on the system and the process followed. You should be entered for Nov assessment and if not ask them to enter you for that period as web entries for that open in Oct and close in Nov with external examination/authentication in December and release of certificates in Jan. So unless you are entered for next May/June then there isnt much you could do to hurry it up.

If you find your provider is delaying entering you contact FETAC by email giving full details of your case and they will contact the provider.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mwpwalshe

Thats great, Thanks

Advertisement