Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Vegetarian Day *Fri 1st October*

Options
  • 29-09-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

So! Friday is World Vegetarian Day whoop! Nom nom vegetarianism <3

Anyway, I was thinking - how about everyone (or realistically, a few people :p) give vegetarianism a try and go meat free all day Friday? You don't have to become a vegetarian or anything but in honour of the day, why not give it a shot? One day without meat shouldn't be too difficult!

So, who is with me? If you're already veggie, as I know a fair few of us are, how about cooking a dinner for your housemates or family or something that day? Show them the awesomeness of vegetarianism?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Vegetarianism has no honour!
    *eats cow*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh, such a good idea! Definitely gonna veggie dinner my friends up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Is bacon a vegetable?

If so I may give this thing a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Is bacon a vegetable?

If so I may give this thing a go.

Oh Pyggy :p

Give this a go instead!

328604b.jpg

or this:

151089.jpg?ts=634008003180

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Im sorry, but i couldn't do it, im pro meat you see, its discrimination to us humans not to be allowed to eat meat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

From this point on I'll be deleting any posts that I feel are made only to spoil the thread.
    This will be done with extreme prejudice :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Is eating vegetarian fake-meat food healthy? I don't mean that to sound mean or anything I'm genuinely curious 'cos my brother always eats Linda McCartney and Quorn stuff and it smells yummeh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Hotaru wrote: »
    328604b.jpg

They fact they've described it was 'suprisingly tempting' is a bit worrying... :pac:

I've actually been thinking of going veggie for a while anyway because I basically don't like meat. Hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've eaten meat only a handful of times in the last month so I suppose I could become a veggie without much struggle. Unfortunately I don't really care about meat or vegetables. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

95% of my dinner will probably be animal-free on Friday, because I don't actually like meat that much.

Then again, I don't like eating vegetables much either- I hate the taste of the ventilator.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Does anyone have any simple recipes for lunches and dinners?
    I'd like to try this on Friday, and maybe carry it through until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

I love my meat I do...

But I suppose I can go one day without it :P

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    I love my meat I do...

But I suppose I can go one day without it :P

It's getting far too obvious that you're doing this on purpose tbh >.>

Pygmalion wrote: »
    It's getting far too obvious that you're doing this on purpose tbh >.>

What? :confused:

A cheese and tomato based pie and a hops and alcohol based drink. I think I could manage that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What? :confused:
    wheres the penny..
    wheres the penny..
    wheres the penny..
    wheres the penny..
    wheres the penny..

You're all sick people :(

You're ruining the veggie thread

*glares at Pygmalion*

I like the Quorn stuff, tastes great actually, so much so, that I believe that it is in fact meat, and the people who make it are sitting up in their big fancy building looking down and laughing at the veggies of the world who think they're eating, uhm, not meat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Put it as my fb status to try and get the same message across, kinda :P
    Although everyone is just replying with "mmmmm, im gonna eat a nice bloody steak friday!"

Aaaahh well, I tried :)

I think I might have just talked my mother into going veggie this Friday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

You're all sick people :(

You're ruining the veggie thread

*glares at Pygmalion*

I like the Quorn stuff, tastes great actually, so much so, that I believe that it is in fact meat, and the people who make it are sitting up in their big fancy building looking down and laughing at the veggies of the world who think they're eating, uhm, not meat :P

Does the "fat" on their streaky bacon pictured have the consistency of actual bacon fat? And if so, why? The rest of their stuff looks alright but that just looks disgusting.

• Advertisement

Does the "fat" on their streaky bacon pictured have the consistency of actual bacon fat? And if so, why? The rest of their stuff looks alright but that just looks disgusting.

It's just too shiny/smooth to look nice.
    I'm aware that has little/nothing to do with taste, but ewwww.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I did it for 5 years. Suppose I can go back for a day without it killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I'm fairly carnivorous, but sure why not?
    I'll probably give this a run, I've time to actually cook a dinner on friday so it shouldn't be make much difference

but for now.....nomnomnom food with a face

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I don't really eat all that much meat anyway, as my diet mostly consists of sugar, bread and dairy products. An unhealthy death awaits me all so soon, I know. :p But anyway, yeah, I'll definitely give this a go! I've been flirting with the idea of going veggie for several years now as meat occasionally disgusts me, so this could be a good opportunity to see how I feel about it in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

My friend told me he made a present for me for tomorrow to celebrate me :pac:

And I've convinced my family to not eat meat tomorrow :P
    Even my dad!

I know what I'm making for dinner tomorrow (epic stir-fry!), but I doubt my brother or sister will eat it.

Who wants to recommend something nice for lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

1795.jpg

I'm not going to delete that post, on the grounds that Conor108's sig is freakin' awesome.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I whole heartedly approve of this moderator decision. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I was about to post 5 minutes ago saying I hadn't ate meat yet today.

Then my mam bought me a chicken roll. :(

Advertisement