Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG-2

Options
  • 29-09-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Think I know the answer before I post but will throw it our there anyway.

Sony KDL40W2000 has an MEPG-2 inbuilt digital tuner. When taking a feed from one of the spare connections off the Sky LNB I do not receive a signal, is this due to the MPEG-2 when a MPEG-4 tuner is required.

Is the only solution to this is to get a set top box and just take the feed from the dish to this. Don't really want to add another box to the already growing number but if I have to then so be it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

It's a terrestrial tuner (DVB-T) and not a satellite tuner (DVB-S), which is the reason it won't operate with the LNB. Nothing to do with MPEG-2.
    On the other hand, it won't work with the Irish DVB-T system either because it's only MPEG-2 and not MPEG-4.:(

(so yes, you need another satellite box)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

its a terrestrial tuner not for Satellite.

Its for use in the UK.

If you hook it up to an aerial you may be able to tune in the Irish dtt signal but you wont get any picture, only sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭THE ALM

That would explain it alright, thanks guys, should have seen that myself.

Anybody got any good recommendations for an HD box

Advertisement