Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update on sky+HD boxes

Options
  • 29-09-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Anyone just get an update on their HD box, mines an Amstrad DRX890c, there's all new stuff for network, contecting to a router etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

Mine is on 8.3.2 it updated over night but no extra settings. (Thompson 1st gen box)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Mine is now on EPG Software version 38.2.1.6_1

Operating sys Version 1.32B12
    epg software sky+ 8.3.2

Operating System Version is now SYSF26.28.06 on both my boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Has anybody any details of what functionality is in the update?

• Advertisement

the main feature is anytime + which for now is only available if you have sky broadband at the moment. This service uses your broadband to download content. It also fixes the blue spinning light bug and now if you switch it off it stays off.

got this from avf.

Problems already.............only able to access the first page of Other Channels, magic eye is a bit hit and miss too.

Correction......update wiped out all Other Channels that were not on the first page originally so they have to be added again, not a major problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

John mac wrote: »
    Operating sys Version 1.32B12
    epg software sky+ 8.3.2

Same OS but epg is:
    sky+9.10.13a

Where are the router settings?

You can manually add your IP address and DNS etc, I hear it is only for use with sky broadband at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

DigiDec wrote: »
    You can manually add your IP address and DNS etc, I hear it is only for use with sky broadband at the moment.

Yes but where is that option in the menu?

It's in -

Services
    Settings
    Network
    Press enter then back up and then green button to manully enter your IP Configuration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

No sound on the Hdmi lead, only on optical.

My sound is fine on HDMI, check the Sound in the Settings menu??

Stereo
    Dolby D
    Oms

Still nothing after a forced reboot, don't want to do a system reset as there's a few films on the planner...

Check all cables, HDMI etc are securly home. Hope you get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

When i now go and try add channels i put in detaials for bbc channels and all rte, tv3 etc come up:confused::confused:

10.733 H 22000 5/6

You are using the wrong freq....it should be 10773 H

All sorted DigiDec, plugged everything out and back in again, sound on the headphones!
    Second page of other channels was deleted but a retune sorted that.

Glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement

it's only stereo via hdmi. you need the optical for Dolby digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

When i now go and try add channels i put in detaials for bbc channels and all rte, tv3 etc come up:confused::confused:

10.733 H 22000 5/6

Ya I just copy and pasted that from the thread here......needs to be changed !

You're sorted now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

It's in -

Services
    Settings
    Network
    Press enter then back up and then green button to manully enter your IP Configuration.

How would you get your IP address?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Depends on how your LAN is configured.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

John mac wrote: »
    it's only stereo via hdmi. you need the optical for Dolby digital.

Absolutely right but you'd be shocked at how many people don't know this!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dino7

Subtitles are not available for all my old recordings after the upgrade. Anyone else with this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TurkeyBurger

I had Sky for a couple of years (2005 - 2007 ish) with just a standard Sky box. Never had it connected to a phone line, never, ever, had a problem. Thought they were just the cheese...

I've recently signed back up to Sky and got a Sky+HD box and it is now connected to a phone line. I've only had it 6 weeks but twice in that time the box has crashed/frozen.

Both times I've come on here and my freezing Sky box would seem to fit in with when upgrades are done. Nothing serious, the box still works after it has been unplugged and restarted but none of the scheduled recordings worked for the day and it is just a little bit annoying. Do Sky publish when these upgrades will be pushed down or is there a way to stop them and install them when I want to install them?

I've no problem at all with receiving them, I'd just like to know when it is going to happen so that I know when the box will crash next?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The updates come via Satellite. You can only stop them by never using the box.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Does this take DHCP or does it need a static address? Although if there is no VOD then there is no point in connecting anyway. Another way for Uncle rupert to spy on what we have been watching. He would see alot of 900 channels from me! :D

Advertisement