Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neteller prepaid Mastercard help

Options
  • 28-09-2010 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Anyone who has one able to help me ? Want one for the 'Ryanair Effect' (despite it sounding like a Londoner's well known Italian hazelnut spread).

Registered on the Neteller site for an account. Fine.
    Can Login OK.

Opt for the 'Extended Account' registration to get a card. But clicking 'Provide' to provide identity verification just opens a new window with the default Neteller Services page. Can login again and carry on forever around in circles without ever getting any further instructions or method to cerify identity. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

You have to email your documents to identity@neteller.com from the email account you used to sign up
    There are some videos on youtube posted by neteller about how and what to submit.
    I found it a pain in the arse TBH they just repeatedly rejected my docs and they don't provide a specific reason :rolleyes: just to recheck the submission guidelines.
    I ended up sendng them a snotty email after getting fed up trying to guess what was wrong and my docs were suddenly acceptable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouDdqLx3FxU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

Thanks very much Redshift.

Looks very dodgy though. Have they a good reputation ? Odd to have a banking service with a non working website, no proper instructions on the site, and an amateur looking video on Youtube on how to use their service.

Having second thoughts now. Who are the competitors for a Ryanair compliant prepaid mastercard, with no fees ? I dont like the idea of the Dundrum type gift card, but want to be able to top one up online from a proper bank account. Any options ?

Do any of the serious banks offer this type of card ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

They're legit alright and once I finally got signed up and figured it out it seems to work well enough.
    I did get lost in the website myself so you're not the only one and yeah the videos are like something from a transition year project :eek:
    But it does the job.
    You could get one of those payzone prepaid cards but they don't give you chip and pin as with the neteller card or the app for generating one time use numbers and their fees IMO are excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Liparis

I've been looking for an alternative to 3V for a while and considered various prepaid Mastercards. I find, where I live, 3V is a hassle to top up. I've looked at moneybookers.ie Mastercard, it seems it's free to top up by Laser, does anyone have any experience of this card? €10 per year and as I read it, everything is free, regarding laser top up and spending. Am I missing something or is it as cheap as it appears.
    I'd be happy for any feedback on this one.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Liparis wrote: »
    I've been looking for an alternative to 3V for a while and considered various prepaid Mastercards. I find, where I live, 3V is a hassle to top up. I've looked at moneybookers.ie Mastercard, it seems it's free to top up by Laser, does anyone have any experience of this card? €10 per year and as I read it, everything is free, regarding laser top up and spending. Am I missing something or is it as cheap as it appears.
    I'd be happy for any feedback on this one.
    Regards

Have the moneybookers mastercard myself and find it great. You have to send them a lot of documentation to prove you are who you say you are.

Once that's done and you have verified your laser card, it works perfectly.

The only drawback i've found with it is it won't work on the itunes music store as the issuing bank is not ireland based. Apart from that, it's perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Liparis

Thanks for that feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 995thewolf

I have just applied for the neteller plus mastercard and found it easy to get upgraded. Send digital photos of driving licence and store card statement. As long as the picture is good quality and name,address, date of birth and number can be easily read, it should be fine. Mine was approvved in two days after emailing them to neteller. Just waiting now for card to come in the post. However the i am having trouble with the virtual card numbers i got. Some places must not accept them. Has anybody had any problems with the virtual card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 995thewolf

Just an update on my last post. I received my card today in the post. Activated it in a few seconds on the neteller website. Done my first transaction by paying my O2 mobile phone bill and everything went fine. So its looking good so far. Will update as i try it out on other sites.

Advertisement