Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ - Multiroom - Phone Line

Options
  • 28-09-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've got Sky+ in two rooms, and as far as I know I need to keep a working phone line for them to connect to.

My phone-line is through Smart, as part of a broadband package, which I'm looking to disconnect, leaving me with no working phone line. What are my options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Sort out another phoneline and broadband supplier (UPC, Digiweb Metro), cancel your multiroom package or pay sky for two seperate subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'd rather pay for Decent Broadband than for PayTV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Chance your arm for as long as you can-Sky will inform you if they don't get a callback from the box.If you hear nothing from them happy days(just keep an eye on your bill in case) UPC and Digiweb Metro are notoriously difficult to get callbacks on Skyboxes with.Metro especially is just about impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rockey1

zerks wrote: »
    Chance your arm for as long as you can-Sky will inform you if they don't get a callback from the box.If you hear nothing from them happy days(just keep an eye on your bill in case) UPC and Digiweb Metro are notoriously difficult to get callbacks on Skyboxes with.Metro especially is just about impossible.

this would be the right thing to do i had sky+ multiroom for 2 years with no phone line in them and they never said anything bout it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

My metro is fine with Digibox. If doing multiroom you MUST use a phone splitter and have BOTH boxes in the same socket or else both can call at once and that will fail the test. (Think about it).

Fax and dialup working here too.

Sky tells the boxes via satellite when to call home. If there is multiroom, it will sometimes give the boxes the SAME time to call. Deliberately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

And my UPC phone service is fine with my digibox.

Well until the sky digital contract is up in April and it'll be getting the chop :D

Advertisement