Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic mats for grass protection

Options
  • 28-09-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi
    I'm trying to find an Irish-based supplier for grass protection mats.
    They come in rolls, and apparently you just lay them on your grass, and pin them down. The grass can continue to grow, so the garden looks natural, but the surface is protected if you have to occasionally park a car on top of it.

Have found plenty of UK suppliers, but none seem willing to ship to Ireland ...

Anyone any leads? Thanks!
    Mick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭SparrowTown

Hi
    I'm trying to find an Irish-based supplier for grass protection mats.
    They come in rolls, and apparently you just lay them on your grass, and pin them down. The grass can continue to grow, so the garden looks natural, but the surface is protected if you have to occasionally park a car on top of it.

Have found plenty of UK suppliers, but none seem willing to ship to Ireland ...

Anyone any leads? Thanks!
    Mick.

Is this ireland it it an .ie site
    http://www.hotfrog.ie/Products/Grass-Protection-Mats

• Registered Users Posts: 26 armadillo1916

Thanks for that - I've been in touch with an Irish supplier: Phiireland.ie.
    I think they have what I'm looking for, and if so, I'll post here in case anyone's interested. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 brayzer

Hi, I know this was a while ago but how did you get on with Phiireland.ie ?

I'm looking for the same thing and uk suppliers are looking for about €200 to ship to ireland.

Cheers

Hi - a while ago? Six years!
    I did get what I wanted, but can't even remember if it was from them - in any case,
    I just checked and the company has ceased trading.
    I have some left over but am thinking of using it for a project.
    How many square metres were you looking for?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 brayzer

Thanks for the quick reply, armadillo,

I'm looking for about 40sqm so I doubt you have that much leftover!

Strange that there are about a hundred suppliers in the UK and none at all in Ireland.

So what did you think of the product, did it take long for the grass to establish after it was laid?

I'll keep looking anyway.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

have a look at this irish company

http://agrablock.ie/

I found the plastic grid mat very easy to use - the grass grew into and over it pretty quickly.
    Within a short time, the mat becomes invisible, but still does its job very well.

Thanks for the Agrablock link -
    I remember checking out that kind of product - It couldn't be laid over existing grass, but for a start-up project, I'd say it's pretty good.

Advertisement