Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming lessons in the city?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 2:08pm

I'm in the City Centre and would like to learn to swim. I know Bawnmore do classes but I have no transportation and it's quite far from me. Is there somewhere cheap, near the city that do lessons? The lessons don't have to be one on one or anything like that..........thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

UL i learned there very good lessons. Or you could try Grove Island Leisure in Corbally. There is also a girl in the Strand who does private lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

You wont get into UL sessions this side of Christmas and when you do they are usually very busy and crowded.

In my opinion if you can afford it at all your much better off getting one on one lessons -three of these will be far more benefical than 9 weeks of crowded lessons.

Patience, perseverence and practice are the only things after that that will make you a decent swimmer - you have to put in a lot of time outside of whatever lessons you choose

I rang St Endas and they are doing lessons Thursday nights at 8pm. The only thing is the distance from me. Also I have quite poor eyesight......would I really need prescription goggles or is that me just looking for reasons not to bother?

Advertisement